LELink Bluetooth LE OBD-II reader unreliable?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veezer

Hi all,

I'm either having very bad luck with the LELink, or there's something else going on, but this is the second one that has failed on me in the last month. Works fine with LeafSpy on iOS until it stops powering up (no red LED when I plug it in or LeafSpy connection). I leave it plugged in all the time, so it can't be mechanical wear out from repeatedly plugging in and out. I was thinking maybe all the cold weather (I live in Maryland) and temperature cycling is affecting some kind of weak solder connection inside the device; otherwise, could it even be some kind of electrical issue in my LEAF?

Just FYI, I purchased from Amazon through ksolution both times and it's the one with the transparent casing. It was great while it worked!

Regardless, is there any other Bluetooth 4.0 LE OBD-II device people would recommend from a reliability perspective? I see the Vgate iCar 3 Bluetooth LE adapter and the KiWi 3 Bluetooth LE mentioned in the LeafSpy thread; anyone have any issues reliability wise with either of these?

I've had and returned two of them for the same problem. Works fine for a little while, a few hours, then won't connect anymore. I'm waiting for something a little more reliable. Let me know how the Kiwi works out.

Back