Jedlacks
Delivery Date: 29 May 2016
Leaf Number: 300863

Re: Warning: Defective Konnwei KW-902 on the market

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:24 pm

I measured the resistance on mine and it read 121.2 ohms. I had it plugged in all the time until a few weeks ago, because it was sucking my battery down. With it plugged in my resting battery level was at 12.45+/- volts, and that caused the Nissan Connect not to work. I since put the battery on a slow charge for a few hours and my "first world problem" is now behind me :D
2015 SV QC/LED; 12 Bar; 59.7 AHr; 96% SOH; 92% Hx
Juicebox 40A

DarthBane
Delivery Date: 04 Mar 2017

Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Hi Turbo, this is Frank (the 1st unlucky one to have a defective Konnwei, we talked via email).
So I have 2 bad ones now, one from Aliexpress and one from Amazon. I saw the fix, removing the little resistance you show on the picture... I did that, but, before I go ahead and brick my Leaf, I'd like to see if I did this correctly:
1st off, I could barely see anything there, we are talking microscopic almost! Anyways, I saw something, and flicked it off with my fingernail, and it came out. Really small stuff.
Then I re-tested the resistance, and now the needle does not move at all when testing pin #6 to pin #14. Is that a good sign, or should it have gone back to 120 ohms?
If this is right, then I will plug it in and see what happens. I'll probably fix the 2nd one too instead of returning it, I could use it with Torque on my other car I guess.
Thanks for all the help!

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:43 pm

DarthBane wrote:Hi Turbo, this is Frank (the 1st unlucky one to have a defective Konnwei, we talked via email).
So I have 2 bad ones now, one from Aliexpress and one from Amazon. I saw the fix, removing the little resistance you show on the picture... I did that, but, before I go ahead and brick my Leaf, I'd like to see if I did this correctly:
1st off, I could barely see anything there, we are talking microscopic almost! Anyways, I saw something, and flicked it off with my fingernail, and it came out. Really small stuff.
Then I re-tested the resistance, and now the needle does not move at all when testing pin #6 to pin #14. Is that a good sign, or should it have gone back to 120 ohms?
If this is right, then I will plug it in and see what happens. I'll probably fix the 2nd one too instead of returning it, I could use it with Torque on my other car I guess.
Thanks for all the help!

No, it will not be 120 ohms. I just measured my working one without the resistor and get about 27.5 K ohms. I think you are OK to install it.

DarthBane
Delivery Date: 04 Mar 2017

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:30 am

Ok, confirmed working after removing the 20 ohms resistance. Changed the door unlock method and it worked, great, thanks a lot for all the info! Now I have 2 working Konnwei units!

Return to “LEAF CANBus”