Disable VSP sound by software

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrik

Code:
atz
ate0
ath1
ats0
atsp6
atcaf0
atv0

atsh 73f
atfcsh 73f
atfcsd 30 00 10
atfcsm 1
atcra 761

02 10 C0           ;start diag session
03 3b 01 00      ;drive start sound 00 - off/10 - on
03 3b 02 00      ;drive sound 00 - off/10 - on
03 3b 03 00	   ;reverse beeps 00 - off/10 - on
03 3b 04 10      ;vehicle start sound 00 - off/10 - on
02 10 85	;reboot VSP

More details, please!

ORIGINAL COMMENT: Does this handle all VSP sounds, e.g., slow-speed as well as the backup beep?

UPDATE: I didn't scroll down in the box to see all the comments where you documented exactly what I asked.

jlv said:
Should/could this go into LeafSpyPro?
Probably. IIRC, one controls these ELM327 devices via commands like Hayes (modem) AT commands. I remember the old days of coming up w/the "optimal" init string for some modems.

Can the duration/# of repeats/cycles of the reverse noise be turned off (e.g. 3 to 5 chimes, a single chime or 5 seconds worth)?

andrik said:
Code:
atz
ate0
ath1
ats0
atsp6
atcaf0
atv0

atsh 73f
atfcsh 73f
atfcsd 30 00 10
atfcsm 1
atcra 761

02 10 C0           ;start diag session
03 3b 01 00      ;drive start sound 00 - off/10 - on
03 3b 02 00      ;drive sound 00 - off/10 - on
03 3b 03 00	   ;reverse beeps 00 - off/10 - on
03 3b 04 10      ;vehicle start sound 00 - off/10 - on
02 10 85	;reboot VSP
Good find. Thanks for reporting it.

Coincidentally I just collected data from my neighbors 2016 Leaf last Tuesday which included a sequence to turn off VSP and test all the various sounds. But I had not yet had time to look at the CAN trace data to see what the actual sequences were and still have not looked at the data.

But the 3B xx xx is the right command group to do such things and 0x73f is the VSP ECU address.

At some point I will include this function in LeafSpy Pro. Probably as an option in Settings where you enable "Disable VSP sound on startup".

Has this been verified to keep VSP sound off after leaving Diag mode?

I am busy on other things right now so don't have the time to go out and check this. Normally when you leave test mode the ECU resets back to the default state which would be VPS on.

yes, stay muted after vehicle restart.
02 10 85 is ECU reboot command, try it and VSP will play startup sound.
I have to check, think is not just boolen value may be this is SFX volume level.

I tried this on my 2015 SV last night and it didn't work for me. Mind you I also hadn't messed with the CAN bus at all before then and only use the bluetooth dongle I have for LEAFSpy normally. I sent everything verbatim, with the exception of changing the startup sound line to end with 00 so it would turn it off. After the last command that reboots the VSP it still made the startup chime and shifting into reverse still had the beeps. Going through it again and not rebooting the VSP still resulted in the reverse chime happening. That's the only one I really want to turn off.

This could just be user error (probably) or it might be because of the model year/trim being different, or it doesn't work in the first place. Not sure which.

I'll probably wait until it's in LEAFSpy before I try again.

So what I need to do is download a terminal app, connect it with the bluetooth device while plugged into the car, and send these lines of code exactly as written?

Is that correct?

No success on my 2015 "S". The commands did indeed reboot my VSP (I heard the startup chime), but neither the backup nor the drive sound was disabled. I also tried just disabling the drive sound and that also didn't work. :(

Edit: I now cannot turn off the startup sound in the cabin. :evil:

Back