Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Re: Disable VSP sound by software

Tue May 02, 2017 2:00 pm

LincolnW wrote:I just purchased the pro version so I can try this out. Thanks for all of your hard work on the app!

One other question. Is there a way to disable the tire pressure sensors via LeafSpy? I believe the sensor in one or more of my tires is malfunctioning. I've checked the tire pressure daily over the past three weeks and it's held steady at 40psi on all tires, yet my warning light stays on. I'd like to disable the light or turn off the tps check if possible. I check my tire pressure at least weekly on all of my vehicles, and I wouldn't trust the sensor anyways. It's not a huge deal, I've learned to ignore the warning light, but it's one of those things I'd like to disable if possible.

Don't know of any way to disable the TPMS functions. But I have not really looked for any.

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Tue May 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Test version 0.39.99 was just uploaded to Google. Includes some bug fixes.

I also changed the way I handle post Reboot of the VSP. Instead of waiting a fixed time it now waits 5 seconds then every second tries to read the status until it finally gets it or times out after 18 seconds.

magico13

Tue May 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Works great on my US 2015 SV. Turned off the extra sounds after I got home and noticed that opening the charge port made noise. Figured it could be one of them so I disabled all three. Pressed the button again and no noise, so I'm thinking one of them is that. I'll report back once I've tested more.

Edit: Sound C is the 3 beeps when you open the charge door. Don't know about the other two yet (charging related maybe, like plugging in the handle? I'll check in a bit) or if C handles anything else.

Edit the second: C seems to control all of the noises related to charging. With just C and the standard 4 disabled I didn't get sounds when opening the charge port, plugging in the charge handle, the EVSE and the car verifying connection (when the lights for the timer start "running"), or when overriding the charge timer.

Mine counted down to 140 before it got a response and refreshed, in case you're still wondering.
2015 SV w/ QC

webfootguy
Delivery Date: 25 Mar 2016

Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 pm

I just tried it on my 2016 SL and it worked great. I turned off all sounds. The startup / turn off sounds are now gone. I don't know that the backup beeper sound is gone yet but will find out tomorrow. Counted to about 14.2 on restart.

Great work!!
2016 SL with Premium Package 3 year lease on 03-25-2016.

TonyHoyle
Delivery Date: 11 May 2016
Leaf Number: 048517

Wed May 03, 2017 3:14 am

I wonder if one of them is the annoying beep that happens if you open the door with the car switched on. I'll experiment later..

magico13

Wed May 03, 2017 4:44 am

TonyHoyle wrote:I wonder if one of them is the annoying beep that happens if you open the door with the car switched on. I'll experiment later..

I wondered that as well but didn't find that to be the case. I still had those beeps with everything turned off. Might be different for you though.
2015 SV w/ QC

Ekendahl
Delivery Date: 16 Apr 2017
Leaf Number: 316944

Wed May 03, 2017 6:29 am

From a newbie: What are the VSP start and stop sounds?

I don't remember hearing a specific noise from VSP when you start the car? The car plays it's little tune but I don't think that's from the VSP?
I know the car beeps when you stop it. I assume this is the stop sound?
2015 Red Leaf SV,
Bought off-lease from GA in 2017. Still 12 Bars.
everyone knows that the red leafs are faster

LincolnW
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2017

Wed May 03, 2017 9:47 am

Vehicle is 2013 S, located in the Pacific Northwest.

I disabled "Drive Sound" and "Reverse Beeps" last night. The reverse beeps are gone, but I think the low speed humm is still there. It was pouring down rain so I didn't try driving slowly with the windows down to verify. I was just excited to have no more annoying reverse beeps!

I also managed to figure out which of my TPMS sensors is faulty, turns out it's the RR sensor, the others ready 40 psi all around, very cool. I also read the DTCs and got:

C1710 0009 BCM No Data RR Wheel WT-28

Which I'm guessing means the RR TPMS sensor isn't working, as I had thought.

Super cool app, I'm glad I bought the Pro version. Thanks again for your work on this!

chirpyboy
Delivery Date: 11 Jan 2017

Wed May 03, 2017 10:02 am

Does this disable the VSP reverse beep and low-speed noise forever (until you re-enable them or reset the battery)

Or are the sounds re-enabled every time you start the car, like the VSP Off button behavior?

magico13

Wed May 03, 2017 10:51 am

chirpyboy wrote:Does this disable the VSP reverse beep and low-speed noise forever (until you re-enable them or reset the battery)

Or are the sounds re-enabled every time you start the car, like the VSP Off button behavior?

So far for me they haven't turned back on at all. I haven't tried to see if disconnecting the battery turns them all back on.
2015 SV w/ QC

Return to “LEAF CANBus”