webfootguy
Delivery Date: 25 Mar 2016

Re: Disable VSP sound by software

Wed May 03, 2017 12:48 pm

The sounds appear to stay off until enabled by the app. I can confirm the stupid backup sound is gone. It does not disable the beeping you get when you lock/unlock the doors (and I am ok with that).
2016 SL with Premium Package 3 year lease on 03-25-2016.

ElectricEddy
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506

Wed May 03, 2017 2:06 pm

webfootguy wrote: the stupid backup sound is gone

It may be stupid for the leaf driver but I can verify it's not stupid for the cyclist whom I would have run over had he not stopped upon hearing that sound when backing out of my driveway before dawn one morning not too long ago.
The cyclist had no reflective clothing, it was dark and bushes covered any possible view from the end of the driveway.
I did get out and apologize , but he realized the situation and was VERY THANKFULL for the back up warning.
Previous to that time my thoughts were " it sure would be nice to disable that beep beep sound as to not wake the neighbors" but now that seems frivolous.
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Wed May 03, 2017 4:00 pm

chirpyboy wrote:Does this disable the VSP reverse beep and low-speed noise forever (until you re-enable them or reset the battery)

Or are the sounds re-enabled every time you start the car, like the VSP Off button behavior?

The change is a configuration change so is valid until changed again by LeafSpy Pro. The configuration is stored on the VSP board in non-volatile storage so loss of 12 volts does not reset it.

This change is special in that as far as I can tell Nissan's Consult 3+ has no access to these settings.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Wed May 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Ekendahl wrote:From a newbie: What are the VSP start and stop sounds?

I don't remember hearing a specific noise from VSP when you start the car? The car plays it's little tune but I don't think that's from the VSP?
I know the car beeps when you stop it. I assume this is the stop sound?

The VSP board has two speaker outputs. One is the external VSP speaker that makes the outside sounds the other is under the dash and makes the turn ON/Off sounds.

Can someone check if you disable all 7 sounds do the turn signals still make a sound? How about Warning flasher sound?

Turbo3
Gold Member

Wed May 03, 2017 4:10 pm

I will be releasing another test version that tries to make it clear you must have the Leaf ON (dash gauges active) to use the VSP Settings page. There is also a Read button until you make a change so if you get the Not Supported message you can try again.

2011/2012 models (perhaps other years outside the US) have their VSP board connected directly to the VCM and Combination meter so there is no CAN connection. Which means LeafSpy does not have direct access to the VSP board.

There may however be settings on the Combination meter to do some of these functions if someone (pointing to first post ;-)) would like to look for them.

rcm4453
Leaf Number: 304133

Wed May 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Turbo3 wrote:I will be releasing another test version that tries to make it clear you must have the Leaf ON (dash gauges active) to use the VSP Settings page. There is also a Read button until you make a change so if you get the Not Supported message you can try again.

2011/2012 models (perhaps other years outside the US) have their VSP board connected directly to the VCM and Combination meter so there is no CAN connection. Which means LeafSpy does not have direct access to the VSP board.

There may however be settings on the Combination meter to do some of these functions if someone (pointing to first post ;-)) would like to look for them.

I have LeafSpy Pro that I got through Amazon, does this mean to get this latest Google Play version with the VSP settings I need to pay again through Google Play?

Turbo3
Gold Member

Wed May 03, 2017 7:02 pm

rcm4453 wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:I will be releasing another test version that tries to make it clear you must have the Leaf ON (dash gauges active) to use the VSP Settings page. There is also a Read button until you make a change so if you get the Not Supported message you can try again.

I have LeafSpy Pro that I got through Amazon, does this mean to get this latest Google Play version with the VSP settings I need to pay again through Google Play?

No, the VSP version will make its way to Amazon when released. Right now it is just in testing.

It does mean you will not be able to access the test version which is only available through Google's testing program.

silverone
Delivery Date: 03 Jan 2017

Thu May 04, 2017 1:43 am

Turbo3 wrote:
Ekendahl wrote:From a newbie: What are the VSP start and stop sounds?

I don't remember hearing a specific noise from VSP when you start the car? The car plays it's little tune but I don't think that's from the VSP?
I know the car beeps when you stop it. I assume this is the stop sound?

The VSP board has two speaker outputs. One is the external VSP speaker that makes the outside sounds the other is under the dash and makes the turn ON/Off sounds.

Can someone check if you disable all 7 sounds do the turn signals still make a sound? How about Warning flasher sound?

Vehicle Start Sound is definitely the "song" that plays when starting the car.

The manufactured whine when driving, audible when you start moving, actually turns on and off with the "Drive Start Sound", not the "Drive Sound" checkbox.

None of the settings affect the hazard or turn signal sounds. As magico13 has already stated, none of these will disable the triple beep when leaving the car on and exiting vehicle. Sound C is definitely charge status (beeps when plugging in, etc) as well as the triple beep unlocking charge port door inside the car.

I wondered if Sound A and/or Sound B could be associated with LBW dash beeps, but I don't get there routinely.
2013 SL with Premium package - build date 5/13. 12 bar car with 39,000 miles and counting...
2014 Volt - 45,000+ miles

Scaramanga
Delivery Date: 23 Dec 2016
Leaf Number: 308884

Thu May 04, 2017 5:33 am

I would just submit that the backup sound may be annoying but it's a significant safety feature. The kids in my alley and the Walgreens's parking lot don't pay attention, I don't mind it.
2016 SL Premium - Gunmetal Grey, built 2/2016
2014 S w/ QC - Cayenne Red, built 1/2014
EVSE: ChargePoint 25 32A Plug-In w/ 18' Cord
ELM 327 / LeafSpy Pro
'06 Sentra Compact Spare / Jack
Renault Tow Hook

2016 Murano SL AWD
VW / Audi / Volvo ex-aficionado

desiv
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2015
Leaf Number: 018850

Thu May 04, 2017 9:20 am

Turbo3 wrote:There may however be settings on the Combination meter to do some of these functions if someone (pointing to first post ;-)) would like to look for them.

I have a '12 Leaf and Leaf Spy Pro, so would be willing.. But no idea what I would need to do... ???

desiv
2012 SL - Silver

Return to “LEAF CANBus”