desiv
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2015
Leaf Number: 018850

Re: Disable VSP sound by software

Fri May 05, 2017 9:33 am

oko wrote:Open Google Play App, find Leaf Spy Pro. Scroll to the very end. You'll see "enroll in beta" or something like that. Check that box.

Thanx.. ;-)

I know how to load the beta if needed..

I was responding to the request to gather data on the 11/12 models to hopefully make those options work for us as well..

It sounds like at least I'd need to run some app (a terminal program or ??) to gather some data, which I could do..

But if it requires a lot of knowledge of how the ODB protocol works and finding undocumented commands, I might need some pointers..

desiv
2012 Leaf SL - Silver (gone - traded in)
2017 Bolt LT - Red

HIOJim
Delivery Date: 29 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2051

Sun May 07, 2017 8:52 am

Upgraded to the latest Beta and it worked perfectly on my 2016 SV.
I had previously disconnected the sound cable behind the glove box but the selective muting this hack provides is much better. Thanks, Turbo!
The Blue Beauty (2016 Leaf SV) Status: Leased 03/31/16
The Dark Knight (2013 Leaf S) Status: Returned 03/31/16
LineJumper (2011 Nissan LEAF eTec) Status: Sold 10/01/11
Purchased 'Sparky' 2012 Chevy Volt 09/16/11

Ekendahl
Delivery Date: 16 Apr 2017
Leaf Number: 316944

Wed May 10, 2017 7:39 am

Is there a rough estimate for when iOS version will be released?
2015 Red Leaf SV,
Bought off-lease from GA in 2017. Still 12 Bars.
everyone knows that the red leafs are faster

aarond12
Delivery Date: 17 Oct 2015
Leaf Number: 311353

Fri May 12, 2017 4:48 pm

I just noticed something since I attempted to turn off the sound myself (not using LeafSpy): My seatbelt warning sound is not working anymore. Could this be sound A or sound B?
2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV ES (lease ended) • 2015 Nissan LEAF S • Tesla Model 3 reserved
Mods: Matte black Juke wheels, LED headlights and accessory lights, horn, CarPlay receiver

Ekendahl
Delivery Date: 16 Apr 2017
Leaf Number: 316944

Sat May 20, 2017 4:08 am

Please, please, please release an iOS version soon! Low-speed whine in whining!
2015 Red Leaf SV,
Bought off-lease from GA in 2017. Still 12 Bars.
everyone knows that the red leafs are faster

eyedrop
Delivery Date: 04 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 312554

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Got it working perfectly on my MY2015 Leaf S. Here is exactly what I did:

1. Bought Leafspy Pro from Play store. Scrolled to bottom, signed up for beta testing. Waited 10 minutes. Refreshed the LeafSpy Pro listing in google play store. An update appeared, which I installed .

2. I then opened LeafSpy, went into the settings (three little bars on upper right hand corner), and made sure the "service screen" was checkmarked. Clicked the back button on my phone, which brought me to the blue service screen.

3.I then clicked on VSP Settings, and edited to my hearts content. On first try, it gave me a "not supported" error, and during the attempt, I noticed the bluetooth connection in the bottom right was going wacko. So I just restarted my phone, restarted the leaf, and made sure the leaf was on and ready to drive (I was in accessory before). After that, it worked like a charm and very simple! I decided to disable the backup beep as well as the 0-18MPH driving noise. I like the startup song and the rest of the beeps.

Im super happy this function has made it into LeafSpy Pro! This was the catalyst to make me want to purchase the program. Well worth the $15.

Thanks again to the people that helped make this happen!!

ElectricEddy
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:37 pm

eyedrop wrote:Got it working perfectly on my MY2015 Leaf S. Here is exactly what I did:

1. Bought Leafspy Pro from Play store. Scrolled to bottom, signed up for beta testing. Waited 10 minutes. Refreshed the LeafSpy Pro listing in google play store. An update appeared, which I installed .

2. I then opened LeafSpy, went into the settings (three little bars on upper right hand corner), and made sure the "service screen" was checkmarked. Clicked the back button on my phone, which brought me to the blue service screen.

3.I then clicked on VSP Settings, and edited to my hearts content. On first try, it gave me a "not supported" error, and during the attempt, I noticed the bluetooth connection in the bottom right was going wacko. So I just restarted my phone, restarted the leaf, and made sure the leaf was on and ready to drive (I was in accessory before). After that, it worked like a charm and very simple! I decided to disable the backup beep as well as the 0-18MPH driving noise. I like the startup song and the rest of the beeps.

Im super happy this function has made it into LeafSpy Pro! This was the catalyst to make me want to purchase the program. Well worth the $15.

Have you tried to get the sounds back (enable) ?
If its as easy as pushing enable/disable I may consider this .
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Anyone who disables the factory backup beeping is risking injuring someone, and also risking a lawsuit if it happens. Lowering the volume somewhat would seem to be a better idea.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

eyedrop

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:46 pm

ElectricEddy wrote:
eyedrop wrote:Got it working perfectly on my MY2015 Leaf S. Here is exactly what I did:

Have you tried to get the sounds back (enable) ?
If its as easy as pushing enable/disable I may consider this .

I will test this sometime this weekend and report back.

eyedrop

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:52 pm

Other features I would like to see implemented in LeafSpy:

1. Change traction control to default to OFF instead of ON after vehicle startup.
2. Enable "long life" mode 80% charge limit on newer Leafs, where the option is normally missing.
3. Remember last "drive mode". For example, if the car was last used in B mode, remember setting on next startup as opposed to defaulting back to D mode.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”