Connect Leaf Spy Pro to Server

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete3442

I have been using (and loving) Leaf Spy Pro since I got my Leaf in July. Up until now, I have largely been using it in real-time (watching state of charge, observing trip efficiency, etc.). However, I had also set up Dropbox logging so that I could go back and review. I finally got around to checking it ... to find that it had save my first two days of information, and never connected again since then. It appears this is related to the switch from Dropbox API1 to API2, and that it is fixed in the next release.

However, this has also motivated me to set up the server connection that is possible. I run a small Linux VPS for my personal website and playing with some small tools. I would love to be able to sync my data right there (and view my data on my webserver).

The trouble (finally getting to my question) is that I cannot find any documentation (or examples) of connecting directly to a server. If anyone has successfully done this, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction. Similarly, I'd be happy to RTFM if someone could point me to a resource for this feature.

Luckily, it's pretty straightforward as it's just a REST URL request with all parameters passed as parameters in the query string. Using PHP, I just had it write out all parameters to a text file and went from there. LeafSpy has a whole ton of documentation in the "Help" part of the app including that.

Thank you! I had apparently stopped scrolling through the help too soon (after the first time I the Dropbox information is given). I found it now, and that is incredibly helpful.

What are you planning on using to setup an interface? I put together a logger using .Net core 2 which is working well now and also sends the data over to KirkHiles myevstats.com. If you are interested I could set it up for you to get access.

Thanks for the interest stidhat. I have a small webserver that I have set up to run a few toy projects, but I have never set up an API server before. Looking forward to learning it (and then will probably use Shiny, from R, to view the data). I appreciate the offer though.

Back