Solly
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 15 Oct 2012
Leaf Number: 020567

How do I export the log from LeafSpy Pro?

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:27 pm

The instructions on this site (http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/Leaf_Spy_Pro) say that I'm looking for a file called BatLog.txt in the LEAF_BT_CAN folder. I don't see that file. There is a folder called "logs" and in there are a bunch of logs, but only going back a month. There is no BatLog.txt in that folder, or in any other that I can find.

The data is there somewhere, because I can see it in the application.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Solly
2012 SL bought used in February 2017

jjleejr
Delivery Date: 15 Aug 2016
Leaf Number: 017110

Re: How do I export the log from LeafSpy Pro?

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:03 pm

It has an option to use Dropbox and I use that. I can see my logs from any pc at that point by checking the files in Dropbox.

John

Amped
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2012
Leaf Number: 018515

Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Solly wrote:The instructions on this site (http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/Leaf_Spy_Pro) say that I'm looking for a file called BatLog.txt in the LEAF_BT_CAN folder. I don't see that file. There is a folder called "logs" and in there are a bunch of logs, but only going back a month. There is no BatLog.txt in that folder, or in any other that I can find.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Solly

You didn't mention whether android or apple. If you're using an iPhone, you'll need to use itunes to get at them.
2012 SL. Clippercreek CS40-SG2. Battery replaced 10/10/17

Solly
Gold Member

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Amped wrote:
Solly wrote:The instructions on this site (http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/Leaf_Spy_Pro) say that I'm looking for a file called BatLog.txt in the LEAF_BT_CAN folder. I don't see that file. There is a folder called "logs" and in there are a bunch of logs, but only going back a month. There is no BatLog.txt in that folder, or in any other that I can find.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Solly

You didn't mention whether android or apple. If you're using an iPhone, you'll need to use itunes to get at them.

Sorry. Android

Tsiah
Delivery Date: 01 Oct 2017

Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:59 am

Zombie thread.
I've enabled the Dropbox option in Leaf spy but nothing has uploaded to my Dropbox. Out didn't ask for a username or anything though... So how does it know where to upload? Did I miss something?

bmw
Delivery Date: 23 Apr 2017
Leaf Number: 303598

Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:40 pm

What am I missing?

Thanks

Solly

Connect your Android phone to a computer then navigate to leaf_bt_can > Log_Files. Then look for a file labeled TripChrgLog_HC303598_c3e9aB.csv, and copy it to your pc or view it using a application such as Microsoft Excel. After I save it, I delete most of the early entries and copy it back to my phone in order to make the file easier to read on my phone.

Hope that helps

cvad1
Delivery Date: 31 Dec 2018

Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a student researching on optimizing EV charging stations. For my research, I require the SOC and voltage data that comes out of the LeafSpy application in a .csv format for Nissan Leaf 2013 or higher versions. Could anyone please help me out with this?

Thanks
Chinmay
chinmay.9@gmail.com

goldbrick
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806

Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:45 am

If you're old enough to still use a PC and Microsoft, I think Excel will allow you to import a text file and export it in various formats, including csv. Another option would be to use a text editor but that will get tedious unless you are proficient in using it. Or write a little program in Python, etc to do the text manipulation for you. There are lots of ways but if you can use Excel, that would be quite easy.

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:05 am

I use dropbox mostly because its pathetically easy to do. On first connect, you need to have dropbox loaded on computer to allow access. Turn on LS, enable dropbox and u should get log in popup. If it doesn't work. Repeat. It took me like twice I think before it worked. Rebooted phone, etc.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 11,987 miles, 485 GIDs, 37.6 kwh 110.89 Ahr , SOH 96.00, Hx 115.22
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solly
Gold Member

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:27 pm

bmw wrote:

What am I missing?

Thanks

Solly

Connect your Android phone to a computer then navigate to leaf_bt_can > Log_Files. Then look for a file labeled TripChrgLog_HC303598_c3e9aB.csv, and copy it to your pc or view it using a application such as Microsoft Excel. After I save it, I delete most of the early entries and copy it back to my phone in order to make the file easier to read on my phone.

Hope that helps

That's exactly what I needed.

Thanks!

Return to “LEAF CANBus”