The SOC meter gets some real press....

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She may not have used my images for lack of permission (not that she asked) - the last time she used a video of mine without, it was one that I didn't really want the whole world to have access to, and I'm ashamed to say that I ripped her a new one for doing so. But, that said, there are a couple of other pictures of finished kits available on the forum that I haven't posted.

While the cardboard version is certainly interesting, it might have been nicer if she had used a photo of the finished version so that those who are not in the know would realize that it is a much more refined device...

lincomatic said:
Engadget has an actual photo.

It would be nice if they had a real picture of the meter, but Mike's Retro-Style mounting is more "sensational / controversial / interesting".

Our SOC-Meter may be less granular (display more precision), but it is NOT necessarily any more accurate.

For example, displaying a measurement of 3.14159 inches for the length of a box DOES display a lot of PRECISION, but it is not an ACCURATE measurement of a 3-inch box. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Give it 12 months and this mod will be sold on line "Made in China" from some internet company.

Might a good idea patent this idea before someone else does.

Brightonuk said:

An SOC has alot of Prior Art. Therefore the Claims would be too narrow to be of much use as Intelectual Property. But a patent would be easy since this particular SOC device is Unique, Useful and Non-Obvious. Like you said, a competitor can make the same device in a different way and your "license to sue" becomes just an expensive stack of papers.

You also have to weigh the cost of a patent (not inexpensive) against what the possible loss of income might be if you did not patent it AND were able to successfully defend a patent infringement suit against a competitor (also not inexpensive)...

TRONZ said:
Brightonuk said:

An SOC has alot of Prior Art. Therefore the Claims would be too narrow to be of much use as Intelectual Property. But a patent would be easy since this particular SOC device is Unique, Useful and Non-Obvious. Like you said, a competitor can make the same device in a different way and your "license to sue" becomes just an expensive stack of papers.

I have a photo of it on my dashboard showing 100% charge if you think that would help. Also a nice close up that I used when I showed it at August's SF BayLEAFs meeting. I've been meaning to take a photo now that I have the data logging port added.

Back