CoolSpin from V3Solar

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegGuheert

Thanks to braineo for posting a link to V3 Solar!

I thought I would start a new thread for this since the technology is quite different from most others out there.

Just to start, I will say that this is certainly the coolest-looking PV collector I have ever seen!

That said, I expect there may be a long wait before we see any systems which offer a lower cost of electricity than current/coming PV technologies. Why? Because even if they manage to manufacture this for a very low cost, the unique aesthetics likely will allow it to command a high price for some time to come.

Thanks again, braineo!

There seems to be some debunking until product is in production. I'll stay in the fences until then.

Got this email today:

Our most recent test (performed and verified by the Nectar Design Engineering Group) documented that 1X mono PV can sustain sun concentrations in excess of 140X with no heat damage using Dynamic Spin. To our knowledge, this is a first in the solar industry. When static, the same PV would melt the connections with much lower concentration.

This breakthrough creates a challenge (which creates another opportunity). The metal "fingers" that cover the PV become the "bottleneck" as they are not designed to channel off such high levels of energy. V3Solar has filed for three additional patents on metallization patterns and designs to handle this increased energy performance. The PV manufacturer is confident that with these new designs in metallization combined with Dynamic Spin, 1X mono PV will maintain concentrations of 200X, with proportional increases in energy output.

We are in new territory.

Since the lensing material costs about 90% less than the PV material, the higher the concentration, the better the economics. We had calculated profitable financial models using 20X concentration as a base. We can now go much higher, which improves all of our financials.

There are many exciting developments in PV design and optimization. The beauty of V3Solar is that they each can be improved with Dynamic Spin. This gives us a significant technology hedge. We don't have to "bet" on the future. Right now Dynamic Spin works beautifully with 1X mono PV. In the future, we will simply incorporate the best innovations when the timing is appropriate.

We know that many of you want the finished product now, but we still have many months of testing and certification ahead of us. Today we put out RFQ's to companies such as CECET and RETC for them to take our results and design the production prototypes with their expertise, which will include full in field testing and certification.

We know we have skeptics, as does every breakthrough that changes an industry. We are careful about sharing too many specifics, as protecting our technology is paramount at this stage. Yes, we are patent protected, but our focus is to win in the market, not in court. Some people have legitimate questions, others have a business model of driving internet traffic to their website by creating "controversy." Our focus is to maximize the benefits of Dynamic Spin into commercial success as quickly as possible. One of my favorite saying is by George Bernard Shaw, "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

There is no better feeling than continually being surprised by how big this can be and how receptive the market is to our ground-breaking technology. Thanks for joining us on this journey.

If you have resources to accelerate our progress, we are happy to share more specifics under NDA. The more you learn, the more impressed you will be (and the more you will understand why we keep our technology cards close to our chest).

I will be in Europe (Paris, Germany, and Amsterdam) from May 20th to June 2nd to meet with potential investors and strategic alliances. If you are interested, please contact me by email.

Best,

Back