Re: MyEnlighten results do not match those from Enlighten Manager

Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:45 pm

philip wrote:Step 4 gives me 263
Step 7 gives me 264 which is the wrong higher value
Philip is so succinct and I'm so verbose! :oops:

Let me try that:

Step 4 gives me 1002
Step 7 gives me 1011 which is the wrong, higher value

I just got off the phone with Enphase support. Unfortunately, I did not get a case number from my call on December 30 and the support representative today found no record of that call. Not a big deal, since it is an easy problem to describe. But it takes them a bit of time to accept the possibility that their data is wrong. But after a few minutes, he was able to see it and he forwarded me to engineering. I spoke with the engineering representative for about 20 minutes and was able to show him the differences and also how he could see two different numbers for December 2016 in MyEnlighten.

I hope you don't mind, Philip, but I told him that your system had the same problem (and gave him the system ID) and that you had filed a report in the Developer's Forum explaining that the API has the same problem. He said he would escalate the to the Enlighten team and they would give me a call or email if they needed further information.

Frankly, I find it a bit odd that they do not have ongoing regression testing to ensure that these two views of the data do not diverge. They must not because no one seems to know the problem exists.
RegGuheert
2011 Leaf SL Demo vehicle
2011 miles at purchase. 10K miles on Apr 14, 2013. 20K miles (55.7Ah) on Aug 7, 2014, 3K miles (52.0Ah) on Dec 30, 2015, 40K miles (49.8Ah) on Feb 8, 2017.
Enphase Inverter Measured MTBF: M190, M215, M250, S280

philip
Delivery Date: 25 Aug 2015
Leaf Number: 327341

Re: MyEnlighten results do not match those from Enlighten Manager

Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:27 pm

RegGuheert wrote:Philip is so succinct and I'm so verbose!

Ha! If you only knew...

RegGuheert wrote:I hope you don't mind, Philip, but I told him that your system had the same problem

Don't mind at all.

RegGuheert wrote:Frankly, I find it a bit odd that they do not have ongoing regression testing to ensure that these two views of the data do not diverge. They must not because no one seems to know the problem exists.

They are probably more focused on their hardware/firmware development than the software side, so it doesn't surprise me too much. Many of us are wanting an expanded API on the envoy, which wouldn't be too hard for them to develop (give me a day at their source code and I'll get it done). So I imagine the software/enlighten/API probably has very few resources dedicated to it - and considering Enphase's financial issues, that is understandable.
Returned 11/11/15: 2012SL - 10 bar, SOH76% 49.97AHr 35,644mi vin 26790
White 2015 SV Purchased

Return to “Solar”