Canada : 2013 availability and price

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galiano

i'm wanting to purchase a 2013 Leaf but can't get any firm delivery dates. I wonder if there will be rationing of cars this year and if this effects the price. If there is limited selection and a long wait for delivery I may look at a Prius instead.

I assume if there is more demand than supply, dealer list will be what the selling price is ?

Location? Many markets have sufficient supply, not saturated, but sufficient. Others have little to no stock. Our local dealer has only one for show and it's been that way for about a year (before that it was zero). Trades with other dealers is common and we get most of ours through Portland. Things should start to move more quickly soon, as there have been reports of more sales, probably due to increased production at TN plant.

I obviously should have mentioned my location. Sorry. I live near Victoria, BC.

No 2013's have shown up in this part of the world. I'm hoping for a good supply with various colours and options but that may be just a pipe dream. It's frustrating because if they were available I'd go to the dealer tomorrow and buy one.

Nissan still hasn't given a firm date, but on Twitter, on June-17, they said the 2013 LEAF would be available in July in Canada.
As for what options & how many will be available, at what price, anyone's guess would be as good as mine... My guess would be: limited quantity, selling at MSRP, with limited options (trim vs color) to choose from. Kinda like the initial Canadian launch.

I just wanted to say that I would go and buy one tomorrow as well if we could get anywhere near the deals they are giving in the US.

Hopefully Nissan is listening.

Currently a 2012 SV with the $8,500 incentive in Ontario used as a down payment is $527.17 a month for a 36 month lease.

I am also waiting to hear, we should be able to order by the end of the month. I am in touch with few sales guys. Shoot me a PM with your email if you wanna join forces and try to get a cheaper price together when buying! I am in Victoria as well.

ataman said:
I am also waiting to hear, we should be able to order by the end of the month. I am in touch with few sales guys. Shoot me a PM with your email if you wanna join forces and try to get a cheaper price together when buying! I am in Victoria as well.

Campus Nissan is the only choice unless going to Duncan or Nanaimo. I understood that there is only one sales guy at Campus who knows about EVs.

As to price I can't see it being other than MSRP. The big gas price increase we got today can only mean more demand for Leafs ( Leaves ?? )

Many other options including lower mainland....

Last time I bought a car, I emailed every single dealership with my offer and needed up buying from maple ridge. I offer $500 above carcostcanada invoice price... Seemed to work last time.

Today I was actually able to reserve a Red SL that has been ordered already. They are waiting for final freight cost and financing details but its reserved for me. It is on its way to the dealership and should be here before the end of the month!

ataman said:
Today I was actually able to reserve a Red SL that has been ordered already. They are waiting for final freight cost and financing details but its reserved for me. It is on its way to the dealership and should be here before the end of the month!

If I might ask, which dealership have you ordered it from ? They are taking orders ?

Were you able to do better than MSRP ?

Well I will keep the name of the dealer to myself for now. Not Victoria. Thats because I can not finalize the deal until they give me official numbers and technically, they can sell it to someone else right now. There is only one coming to that dealership so I do not want to jinks it or loose it.

Basically they already had one on order which was the exact car I wanted. It is in the first shipment to Canada, which is scheduled to arrive before the end of the month.

They have the info on MSRP however no info on cost for them or freight yet. Also no finance rates avail. 2 other dealers told me there is going to be $1,500 factory incentive. They also no info about that. They are trying to confirm finance rates and incentive before I have an official number. I did not bargain with the MSRP and do not plan on it but will try to bargain for my trade in and of course ask for the $1,500 incentive. once those questions are answered, I will just put down a deposit on it.

cheers

Forgot to respond to one question,

They are taking orders with deposit. However, orders for August just went in so you would be ordering for September production if you want from factory, if not, you might be able to find a vehicle thats at another dealer when the first shipment arrives. They should become avail in the next 2 weeks..

I just put my $500 deposit down. There is one Red SL and Dark Grey SL coming to Victoria. I put deposit on the Red one.

There is also a Red SL coming to Nanaimo.

I did not ask other trims. I was able get $1000 more for my trade-in from initial offer, I paid full MSRP for the car, minus 1,500 incentive from Nissan, -5000 goverment rebate.

cheers

ataman said:
I just put my $500 deposit down. There is one Red SL and Dark Grey SL coming to Victoria. I put deposit on the Red one.

There is also a Red SL coming to Nanaimo.

I did not ask other trims. I was able get $1000 more for my trade-in from initial offer, I paid full MSRP for the car, minus 1,500 incentive from Nissan, -5000 goverment rebate.

cheers

Congratulations ataman. Can you tell me how long the 1,500 Nissan is in effect ?

As far as I know, incentives are valid till month end, they might renew or get a better deal for next month...

BTW, Nanaimo said by the end of the month but Victoria said first week of August...

2013's finally up on Nissan.ca....weird that we can't get all the colours here, especially silver, which is a staple on pretty much every vehicle on the road.

The trim levels work out pretty well though I think, as SV INCLUDES quick charge, and SV INCLUDES Bose and headlight packages, both for not a lot more than the previous trim.

The fully loaded SL is only $2500 more here than in the US.

I just had a look at the Nissan site and I cannot see the light gray interior available on any models. I really like this interior and have an aversion to black. Have I got it right that it's either black cloth or black leather ?

Galiano said:
I just had a look at the Nissan site and I cannot see the light gray interior available on any models. I really like this interior and have an aversion to black. Have I got it right that it's either black cloth or black leather ?

I get that too, so I guess thats it. I would always choose black anyway.

For the exterior colour, it seems like we can get every colour EXCEPT silver. This seems really weird as you would think that would be the most popular colour! I do like the slate and the ocean blue too though.

Hard to understand Nissan only offering black interiors. Just not my favorite and my wife, who will drive this car most of the time, will take some convincing. Disappointing.

Back