EVSE Upgrade with shipping to Canada.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataman

I am wondering if any canadians have any experience with EVSE Upgrade. I am in the process of doing it but it is turned into a shipping nightmare... Anyone done it before?

When I was paying the only shipping method avail was UPS Ground for 50$, I selected that, I also asked how he deals with customs and he said he ships as repair only and only shipping shows

Now he shipped using usps priority which takes 6-10 business days compared to 3 with UPS and he shipped with a invoice for 95$, which will cause me to pay fees...

I have emailed a bunch and he keeps arguing that USPS is the fastest way, but finally he admitted that UPS customs paperwork was too complicated and he shipped usps. I was wondering how was others experience...

6-10 business days is probably for Kazakhstan.

If I were you, I would expect delivery in 3-5 business days.

On the rare occasions when I ship from Eastern Canada to the West Coast of the USA, UPS tells me six business days for ground service.
Post Canada Expedited Parcel (which is handled by the USPS Priority mail system when it reaches the USA) is four-six days and is what I end up using.
I seem to remember it taking 4, 4, and 5 business days, so you're not going to wait six days in a much closer location.

I ordered the EVSE upgrade at about the same time as you and received it today.

USPS priority mail took five business days, including one day lost for processing at customs. I would expect UPS Ground to take a bit longer. In the end I wasn't charged any tax or import fees.

Before being shipped East, my package cleared customs in BC, so I would expect your shipping time to be shorter. Of course, you could have some random bad luck with customs to delay the shipment, but that happens at least as often with UPS as it does with USPS/Canada Post.

I got mine on Friday. It came much quicker than I expected which I appreciated.

That being said, I still do not appreciate selecting UPS Ground and getting shipped with USPS. Reason being, I did not get the same level of tracking, when it cleared customs it just said Canada without city name, then the next scan was the delivery. I did not know it was in my city already or it was "out for delivery" on Friday.

You might not think that is a big deal however, I was taking a trip for the weekend, I left home around 1:30pm, and it was delivered to my roommate at 2:00pm. So the whole weekend, I had to spend hours at public stations because I did not have a charger. If it was shipped UPS, I would have got it a day early, also I would have an exact idea when to expect it. But you are right, I would got customs fees charged....

Yes it is a small thing and I am very picky and maybe unreasonable, however website said UPS Ground on my invoice and it was not.

Simple trick to track USPS packages in Canada: use the Canada Post website. Simply enter the USPS tracking number on the Canada Post website, and you'll get much better tracking, once the package crossed the border. Once the package crosses the border, Canada Post adds their own sticker to the package, and re-use the same tracking number that USPS used, to facilitate tracking for end users.
I think it works for other countries too (other than USA), if you have a tracking number.

gboudreau said:
Simple trick to track USPS packages in Canada: use the Canada Post website. Simply enter the USPS tracking number on the Canada Post website, and you'll get much better tracking, once the package crossed the border. Once the package crosses the border, Canada Post adds their own sticker to the package, and re-use the same tracking number that USPS used, to facilitate tracking for end users.
I think it works for other countries too (other than USA), if you have a tracking number.

I had no idea! I just tried and yes it had all the tracking info and the fact that it was out for delivery!!! Oh well!

Thanks for the tip!

Back