BC L3 Quick Charge Station Status

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataman

LAST UPDATED, MAR 24 2014

I am hoping to keep an updated list for status of L3 Chargers that are planned in BC. The list is below and is colour coded, feel free to post updates as you drive by, post pictures etc and I will update the list. We can not use plugshare as this thread is meant to track the progress of stations that are not operational.

Kamloops - 910 McGill Road
Operational

Whistler - Conference Centre (4010 Whistler Way)
Unknown / Not Located

Squamish - Stan Clarke Park (2nd Ave., across from Municipal Hall)
Operational as of Oct 25

Surrey - Surrey Museum (17710 - 56 Ave.)
Operational as of Sep 9th

Township of Langley - Langley Events Centre (7888 - 200 St.)
Looked for it on Oct 15t, unable to locate. No sign of installation.

Saanich - Uptown Shopping Centre
Talked with Customer Service, BC Hydro and Saanich are still working out details, installation has not started. As of Aug 23rd

Merritt - Merritt Tourism/Visitor Info Booth (2202 Voght St.)
Operational

Hope - Hope Visitor Centre (919 Water Ave., at the intersection of Highway 1 and Highway 5)
Visited Sep13th. No sign of installation. Reported to be proceeding by sources.

Cowichan Valley Regional District (Duncan) - Island Savings Centre (2687 James St.)
Operational, Green Lots

Nanaimo - Bastion Square (94 Front St.) or Vancouver Island Conference Centre (Gordon St.)
Operational, greenlots app o iOS or Android required.

City of North Vancouver - Lower Lonsdale
Paperwork Complete as of Nov 1st

District of North Vancouver - District of North Vancouver Operations Centre (Crown St.)
Unknown / Not Located

Vancouver - Telus World of Science (1455 Quebec St.)
Paperwork Complete as of Nov 1st

Surrey - Powertech Labs (12388 - 88th Ave)
Operational, avail to public Mon-Fri 8:00 - 16:30

Burnaby - BCIT
2 x L3 stations for 01 APR 2014. Solar powered.Testing in progress. Charging will be free, no card required, kiosk to assist you, and web interface to make a reservation.

Good work Ataman. This is a really useful list. I live in North Saanich and would like to make trips to Nanaimo and eventually up to Courtenay, so knowing where these level 3 chargers are going to be is great. I particularly would use Duncan and Nanaimo.

Keep up the good work.

I just looked on Plugshare and it states that the Duncan charger is for the private use of municipal employees. So I guess this needs clarifying, or we could pester them to allow public use. :D

Galiano said:
I just looked on Plugshare and it states that the Duncan charger is for the private use of municipal employees. So I guess this needs clarifying, or we could pester them to allow public use. :D

L3 Charger in Duncan is not yet active. Its not on plugshare because its not active.

There are 2 public station in Duncan, one is working and other one needs to be activated. There is also restricted access one which I think it is the one you are referring to.

ataman said:
Galiano said:

L3 Charger in Duncan is not yet active. Its not on plugshare because its not active.

There are 2 public station in Duncan, one is working and other one needs to be activated. There is also restricted access one which I think it is the one you are referring to.

Thanks

1- Cloverdale L3 has been turned off waiting official opening...

2- Gillian from facebook group found this http://www.surrey.ca/bylawsandcouncillibrary/PLR_7906-0472-00.pdf which proposes a L3 at Morgan Crossing in Surrey, I am not sure if this was approved or if construction is under way. Maybe someone form the area can let us know...
I also found out from Kelly that the bylaw in Surrey requires new gas stations or significantly renovated gas stations to install 1 alternative fuel, which could be CNG or hydrogen etc... but obviously it is probably easiest to install a DCQC. {Edited after clarification from source}

3-Getting reports that there might be 2 x L3 stations installed in Burnaby by January 2014. Stay tuned for updates!

just to clarify, the bylaw in Surrey requires new gas stations or significantly renovated gas stations to install 1 alternative fuel, which could be CNG or hydrogen etc... but obviously it is probably easiest to install a DCQC.

Generally the gas companies are not real happy about this, so I expect them to discourage the use of the DCQC in some way.

1- Nanaimo is operational again. Now requires greenlots app on iOS or Android. No fee yet.

2- Duncan is now operational. Just plug in, no apps or cards yet.

ataman said:
1- Nanaimo is operational again. Now requires greenlots app on iOS or Android. No fee yet.

What is "greenlots" app ? I looked for this at the Apple store and nothing comes up.

Great to have 2 level 3 chargers on the Island and thanks for the update.

Galiano said:
ataman said:

What is "greenlots" app ? I looked for this at the Apple store and nothing comes up.

Great to have 2 level 3 chargers on the Island and thanks for the update.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/greenlots/id617977159?mt=8&__hstc=112498907.42846e4d51d61a468141c549bbd8c74d.1377958103977.1378570989859.1378577784425.5&__hssc=112498907.2.1378577784425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quick update on the Nanamio L3. I had bit of a mishap.. Once you close the app on your phone; the charger and all buttons lock. Stop button on the charger was not working. I tried to open the app and connect again but it refused to connect. I called the help number but no answer. I tried for a bit and hit the emergency stop at the end. That was the only way to stop the charge and remove the connector. I tried again right after and kept the app running the whole time and had no issues.. Don't be scared to hit e-stop.. You do not lock out the the charger or anything, just twist to unlock the button..

This happened again when I exited the app. Had to use emergency button again.

ataman said:
Quick update on the Nanamio L3. I had bit of a mishap.. Once you close the app on your phone; the charger and all buttons lock. Stop button on the charger was not working. I tried to open the app and connect again but it refused to connect. I called the help number but no answer. I tried for a bit and hit the emergency stop at the end. That was the only way to stop the charge and remove the connector. I tried again right after and kept the app running the whole time and had no issues.. Don't be scared to hit e-stop.. You do not lock out the the charger or anything, just twist to unlock the button..

Have you reported this to the city ? We do not have a smart phone ( don't need one ) so is it possible to use this quick charger ?

Galiano said:
ataman said:

Have you reported this to the city ? We do not have a smart phone ( don't need one ) so is it possible to use this quick charger ?

I called the number listed but nobody answered.. it was late last night. number is on the picture in plugshare. you can ask if you can use it without smartphone, from what i can tell answer is no. I may be wrong...

Can anyone confirm if the level 3 charger at Science World Vancouver is active and ready to go?? And if so is it available 24/7 ??

christrit said:
Can anyone confirm if the level 3 charger at Science World Vancouver is active and ready to go?? And if so is it available 24/7 ??

Please look at the first post.

You will find status of all stations..

ataman said:
christrit said:

Oh I did read it.. The thread is 2 months old.. Lots can happen in 2 months, Or if you're talking government, nothing can also happen in 2 months.. =)

Was just looking for an update if there is one..

christrit said:
ataman said:
christrit said:

Oh I did read it.. The thread is 2 months old.. Lots can happen in 2 months, Or if you're talking government, nothing can also happen in 2 months.. =)

Was just looking for an update if there is one..

I keep the list updated regularly. At the bottom you can see when it was last revised. You are absolutely right. I will go ahead and add at the top when was the last update so its more clear at the top.

You will find status of all stations..[/quote]

Was just looking for an update if there is one..[/quote]

I keep the list updated regularly. At the bottom you can see when it was last revised. You are absolutely right. I will go ahead and add at the top when was the last update so its more clear at the top.[/quote]

Ahhh there it is... my screen font here at the office is small... =)
I wish they'd hurry up and get them in... On a side note, I did speak to a rep. at the Township of Langley and he
advised me that the one scheduled for the Langley Event Center is scheduled to be in operation by the end of
September... I will update here if I find it open sooner...

Back