tantousha
Delivery Date: 20 Jan 2014

Re: BC L3 Quick Charge Station Status

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:32 am

Also can confirm that Langley is operational now. Time to update the first page!

Has anyone heard anything out of BCIT? drove out there a few weeks ago and saw the stations are fully installed, but they were currently in testing.

Galiano
Delivery Date: 02 Jun 2013

Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:49 pm

I read on the Victoria Leaf Club forum that BC Hydro will be installing a quick charger in downtown Qualicum Beach. This is great news as it makes the Nanaimo to Courtenay stretch easy to do.
2013 Pearl White Leaf SL

North Saanich, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Canada

14,000 kms. so far

kcarmich
Delivery Date: 11 Oct 2011

Sun May 04, 2014 10:38 am

tantousha wrote:Also can confirm that Langley is operational now. Time to update the first page!

Has anyone heard anything out of BCIT? drove out there a few weeks ago and saw the stations are fully installed, but they were currently in testing.

BCIT is still in test mode, we encountered some defects that we want to address before opening it to the public.

sorry about the delay. official announcement will be coming shortly.

achewt
Delivery Date: 09 May 2014

Sun May 04, 2014 9:23 pm

I am planning to buy a Nissan Leaf in Vancouver and will be flying from the Kootenays to pick it up and drive it home. I've heard some mixed messages about the status of the quick charger (Level 3) in Hope. I would be very appreciative if someone was able to confirm whether it is, or is not, currently up and running.

Edit: I'm planning to come through next weekend; pick up the car on Friday (May 9) and be through to Manning Park by Friday night where I'll camp overnight and recharge.

Thanks!
Ocean Blue 2014 SL, 108,000km as of mid-Feb 2017, back up to 95% (from low of 86%!) SOH
Commuting 142km round-trip; level 2 at home, level 1 at work
http://kootenayEVfamily.ca

Galiano

Sun May 04, 2014 9:35 pm

achewt wrote:I am planning to buy a Nissan Leaf in Vancouver and will be flying from the Kootenays to pick it up and drive it home. I've heard some mixed messages about the status of the quick charger (Level 3) in Hope. I would be very appreciative if someone was able to confirm whether it is, or is not, currently up and running.

Edit: I'm planning to come through next weekend; pick up the car on Friday (May 9) and be through to Manning Park by Friday night where I'll camp overnight and recharge.

Thanks!

Sorry I can't help with the Hope charger but I must say you are really brave to drive Vancouver to Nelson. Perhaps you could post a recap of your adventure once you get home ?

You might try posting your question on the Victoria Leaf forum as someone may know about Hope. Good luck.
2013 Pearl White Leaf SL

Canada

14,000 kms. so far

achewt

Sun May 04, 2014 9:48 pm

I've put some effort into planning this out, hopefully I'm not being too optimistic! I've pasted a link to my spreadsheet in Dropbox - please review it folks for any glaring errors! Would be great to find out any incorrect assumptions prior to getting stuck in the middle of nowhere :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/628 ... anner.xlsx
Ocean Blue 2014 SL, 108,000km as of mid-Feb 2017, back up to 95% (from low of 86%!) SOH

Galiano

Mon May 05, 2014 9:32 am

achewt wrote:I've put some effort into planning this out, hopefully I'm not being too optimistic! I've pasted a link to my spreadsheet in Dropbox - please review it folks for any glaring errors! Would be great to find out any incorrect assumptions prior to getting stuck in the middle of nowhere :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/628 ... anner.xlsx

I just had a look at your spreadsheet and you have done some serious planning. I have no idea if it works. I hope you do post your trip journal as it would be so useful for others.

As I suggested, I think you might get some really good feedback on the Victoria Leaf Club forum. Worth trying.
2013 Pearl White Leaf SL

Canada

14,000 kms. so far

kcarmich
Delivery Date: 11 Oct 2011

Mon May 05, 2014 1:42 pm

you should look at

http://www.jurassictest.ch/GR/

to help you in calculating energy needs.

the assumption that you wont need AC/HEAT may be an issue, if it is moist out you will need AC to keep the windows clear... you may want to try to get some anti fog liquid (rainx) installed prior to your trip.

and good luck...

achewt

Mon May 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Thanks for the link kcarmich; it actually predicts I'll use 101kWh and I've predicted 113-119kWh, dependant on final route selection. Good to know I seem to be conservative. It seems pretty close with elevations too, though I think it lowballed the pass from Osoyoos to Rock Creek - Google Earth shows it at 1500m. I'm planning to keep a fairly detailed log during the journey, so it will be interesting to see how it all matches up (or doesn't!)

Edit: Galiano, I found that forum a few weeks ago, but it doesn't seem very active. I don't want to open another forum account, but if you are on there, feel free to cross-post back to this one.

Also, I was speaking with the AdvantageHope (tourism/chamber of commerce?) today and it seems that they don't know anything about a BC Hydro Level 3 charger; however, apparently Tesla has been out there and might have a station up by the fall. Shame they don't include CHAdeMO on their chargers, I'd happily pay for a quick charge if they had the option and they located the charger somewhere that we don't already have a Level3 charger.

christrit
Delivery Date: 07 Sep 2013
Leaf Number: 216005

Tue May 06, 2014 9:45 pm

Hey folks...

Well we did a test run of the Coquihalla today with our Nissan Leaf.....

We left downtown Hope on a full charge, sad to say that the battery died just before Comstock Road, only 15km south of Merritt.....

We will continue to do more testing at different speeds to see if it will make a difference..... Hoping to be able to make it
from Hope to Merritt flawlessly..... There was some equipment in the vehicle, so will post again after our next test with a
completely empty car.....

Happy charging.....
B.C.A.A. - Burnaby
---------------------------
(2) 2012 Leaf's (SL) full load

Return to “Canada”