Roof rack ???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galiano

We would really like to have a roof rack installed on our new Leaf. Any suggestions ???

I have thule aero for my prius. They have a fit kit (supposedly) for the leaf. Yes, they are expensive, but you are paying for the engineering to keep your cargo on your roof and not causing an acccident.

You can get old style square bars for cheap on craigslist, about $50.
The traverse feet are about 120 on eBay
Fit kit is 90 (?) from thule.

So, $300 is enough to get a basic system.

A lot of racks are available for the square bar on craigslist for cheap.

I have just spoken to All Season Racks here in Victoria and they have a Yakima for about $ 400. It's all I need so problem solved.

Anyone care to share roof rack stories, photos or lessons learned? I'm shopping Thule gear now for both my Leaf and my Murabo.

Very happy with my rhino track vortex 2500 for a 2013 leaf.

Doesn't make much noise, haven't noticed any significant range impact and has a higher load rating than the aero Thule.

Biggest complaint with it is that the front bar is slightly higher than the rear bar so my canoe points up a bit at the front rather than being level. Makes underground and multilevel parking garages a bit more marginal which can be an issue in reaching some charge points. Not sure if other racks have the same issue or not given the slope of the leaf roof.

Back