To all Lower Mainland EV owners!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataman

To all Lower Mainland EV owners!

I recently emailed many local city councils regarding a Surrey by-law which requires every new and renovating gas station to install one of alternate fuel filling stations. For the choice of electric vehicles, DCQC is required. Today I got a response from Peter Russel who is from city of Richmond and he also worked in Surrey when they were passing this bylaw and worked closely with it. Please see his comments below;

"Hello Firat, thank you for sending this suggestion. The timing is good as we have a draft Community Energy & Emissions Plan that we will be sharing with the public for feedback in the coming weeks. Be sure to check us out at Richmond Centre, near SportCheck on Sept. 20th and 21st and online at http://www.LetsTalkRichmond.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (a survey will be posted in the coming weeks).

Your suggestion is a good one for us to review and consider including in a revised plan, which we will be submitted to Council for adoption consideration this November.

I was a Surrey employee when this policy was implemented and was part of the team who defined how it would work.
"
So hopefully some of you can visit the booth in Richmond either on 20th or 21st. I am going to make it there with my LEAF on the 21st to talk about EV infrastructure in Richmond and this proposed bylaw.

Back