Fast charge port : Will it be on all model of 2014?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertL

I've been told that the SV and SL (2013) have the fast charge port (80% in 30 minutes). Do we have any information on the 2014 model? I'm in the process of leasing a 2013 Leaf S, but will postpone it if the 2014 model has the fast charge!

Thank you ^^

I would expect no change from 2013...

RobertL said:
I've been told that the SV and SL (2013) have the fast charge port (80% in 30 minutes). Do we have any information on the 2014 model? I'm in the process of leasing a 2013 Leaf S, but will postpone it if the 2014 model has the fast charge!

RobertL said:
No reason to postpone. If you want the fast charge port and the backup camera and the 6 kW on-board charger, just get the 2013 S with the optional package that includes all three. That's what I did.

planet4ever said:
RobertL said:
No reason to postpone. If you want the fast charge port and the backup camera and the 6 kW on-board charger, just get the 2013 S with the optional package that includes all three. That's what I did.

It's not available in Canada I believe (I'll have to ask my local Nissan to make sure)

RobertL said:
planet4ever said:
RobertL said:

It's not available in Canada I believe (I'll have to ask my local Nissan to make sure)

The Canadian models for 2013 (perhaps even the earlier models) differ slightly in specs from the US version.

The 2013 Leaf S in Canada, for example, includes the 6.6 kW (6.0 actual) on board charger as standard, vs. the 3.3 (actual) for the American Leaf S. However, the CHAdeMO port is not available at all on the S in Canada. You have to step up to the SV for that (and on 2013 US Leaf SV's, this port is still an option).

Here's a PDF for Canadian 2013 Leaf specs:

http://www.nissan.ca/st/nissan/pdf/compare/2013/2013_Nissan_LEF.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was really considering purchasing the Leaf (as of right now, the leaf still hasn't arrived). But the lack of quick charge removes some future-potential for the car (assuming fast charge becomes the norm in the near future)

Back