2014 Canadian Autoshows.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berlino

Montreal, Toronto, Quebec City, Calgary, Ottawa, Vancouver and Edmonton.

In chronological order. Am I missing any?

The Montreal one started last week and ends on the 26th. Visitors to the GM booth are eligible for a $500 discount on a Volt. I'm am still trying to find out if Nissan is offering a rebate. They do have a 2014 SV on display.

BMW premiered the i3, but no test drives are available and Canadian pricing remains a secret.

Most importantly, the CAA-Quebec is organizing test drives of EVs at the Montreal and Quebec shows.

Registration is outside the entrance, so you don't even need a show ticket. Nissan scrounged up two 2013 S's for the event. Other manufacturers are bringing i-MiEVs, Focus EVs, CMAX and Fusion Energis, Volts, and Smart EDs. A third-party is providing a Model S. Naturally, the Tesla's dance card is booked within 15 minutes of reservations being accepted each morning.

For the Quebec show in March, it's possible the i3 and PiP will be available to drive as well.

Sadly, Nissan only offered manufacturer rebates on the Versa, Sentra, and Juke at the Montreal auto show.

There is good news, though. The $1,500 rebate they offered on the 2013 LEAF is apparently coming back in February for the 2014 model.

Berlino said:
Sadly, Nissan only offered manufacturer rebates on the Versa, Sentra, and Juke at the Montreal auto show.

There is good news, though. The $1,500 rebate they offered on the 2013 LEAF is apparently coming back in February for the 2014 model.

If that is the case I will not be very happy. When I ordered my Leaf in Nov 2013 (knowing I would get a 2014) there was a 1500 rebate. My 2014 arrived in Jan 2014 and they said the 1500 no longer applied. I went up the chain and Nissan and was denied the entire time. You would have thought that if it was coming back they would have applied the rebate.

Where did you get the info about the rebate?

kaikara said:
If that is the case I will not be very happy. When I ordered my Leaf in Nov 2013 (knowing I would get a 2014) there was a 1500 rebate. My 2014 arrived in Jan 2014 and they said the 1500 no longer applied. I went up the chain and Nissan and was denied the entire time. You would have thought that if it was coming back they would have applied the rebate.

Where did you get the info about the rebate?

I got that information from someone in Quebec who is scheduled to take delivery of his 2014 this month.

However, the information appears to be inaccurate, because nobody else has been able to benefit from the rebate.
It is possible they made an exception since he ordered in September and was supposed to get a 2013 long ago.

Sorry for the confusion

I went to the Quebec auto show today.

The only plug-in manufacturer offering a rebate to show visitors was GM. ($500).

BMW had a lot of floor space, but when I asked about the i3, the rep just grimaced and shook his head.

The Model S was surely the vehicle the most popular on the convention floor.

On display inside AND available for a 3-mile test drive: Model S, LEAF, CMAX Energi, Volt, Smart ED.
On indoor display only: Panamera plug-in, Spark EV with SAE/Combo port, Prius Plug-in, Tomahawk kit car prototype.
Only outside for test drives: i-MiEV, Focus EV, Fusion Energi

Completely absent: i3, Cadillac ELR

The Spark was at the provincial charging network's booth, not at the Chevy one. They managed to get an advance one as a fleet customer. Not expected to be available to the public until MY15. Kia's reps said the Soul EV would be offered in Canada for MY15.

^^^
I'm surprised you had that good of a showing at all, given how puny Canadian Leaf sales are (http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1285497/nissan-group-reports-december-and-2013-year-end-canadian-sales" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; says 470 for all of 2013). Compare that to 22,610 in the US last year (http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/nissan-group-reports-december-and-2013-year-end-u-s-sales" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

I wouldn't be surprised if California 2013 Leaf sales far surpassed that of all of Canada for 2013.

During some US auto shows, BMW has had some pretty puzzling behavior in terms of the i3. They had a TON of i3's available for test drive at the LA Auto Show but at the SF Auto Show going on at a similar time, they had none. At the latter, it was just a single i3, locked up. You couldn't even sit inside. Seems nutty given how big of an EV market the SF Bay Area is.

Most/all of those vehicles ended up at CES in Vegas in January 2014. So, I was able to test drive it 2x. A number of booths also had an i3 vehicles that you could sit inside (e.g. Nvidia, Samsung, etc.)

cwerdna said:
I'm surprised you had that good of a showing at all, given how puny Canadian Leaf sales are (http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1285497/nissan-group-reports-december-and-2013-year-end-canadian-sales" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; says 470 for all of 2013).

Just in case someone reading this doesn't know, the low LEAF sales were primarily due to supply issues.

MY12 didn't sell particularly well, but was out of stock by June and MY13 wasn't offered until late July. Nissan sold all of the 300 MY13 LEAFs they allocated for Canada. There are people who put down deposits in August, but had to wait until January for delivery.

With sufficient inventory, I'm curious as to how many LEAFs Nissan Canada could have moved last year. Supply will surely be better this year, but on the other hand British Columbia's EV rebate program has expired. There's no rebate at the Federal level, leaving about 40% of the population ineligible for any government assistance on EV purchases.

Back