AlanC

Re: Importing US Leafs to Canada - CARWINGS

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:38 pm

ElectricEddy wrote:Should this thread be renamed Importing USed leafs to Canada? Sure would help if Christy would bring back provincial incentives/grants.

Agreed. But until the incentives come back, Motorize in Victoria will continue to have healthy business importing from the States.

And again, although the gov't doesn't have the consumer incentives anymore, I applaud them for making changes that proliferated the EV charging stations to be installed all over town and in all new buildings.

AlanC

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:23 pm

evken wrote:It is connecting to the app leaf connect but not the nissan canadian leaf app. I am using my us account. I have full control of carwings including rss feeds.

Wait, how do you control CARWINGS with RSS feeds?

evken
Delivery Date: 05 Aug 2013
Leaf Number: 008233

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:44 am

Since my last post I have found that doenloading the US leaf app works with my car. I add RSS through the us website using my us account.

AlanC

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:35 pm

evken wrote:Since my last post I have found that doenloading the US leaf app works with my car. I add RSS through the us website using my us account.

Just tried that... I'm guessing I have to be in the US to download the US Leaf app? It doesn't show up in the app store. I also downloaded LEAF Link for the iphone. Do you use that?

I'm expecting delivery of my 2013 Leaf this Tuesday or Wednesday!

tivollix
Delivery Date: 18 Mar 2013
Leaf Number: 006065

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:05 am

Hello,
I am in the same case, USA imported Leaf and living in Canada, not far from the border.
Does anyone have a link to the apk package of the Carwings from Nissan USA?
Which version should it be and which size?

Thank you.
Fabien

AlanC wrote:
evken wrote:Since my last post I have found that doenloading the US leaf app works with my car. I add RSS through the us website using my us account.

Just tried that... I'm guessing I have to be in the US to download the US Leaf app? It doesn't show up in the app store. I also downloaded LEAF Link for the iphone. Do you use that?

I'm expecting delivery of my 2013 Leaf this Tuesday or Wednesday!
2016 Leaf since 21000KM.
2015 for 30000KM
2011 Black SL Leaf. Demo. In service: 2013/03
Sold at 38000 KM

evken

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:45 pm

All you have to do is change your app store to us in the settings tap. Go to my account and log in to see your account and change the country to us. Just remember to change it back to canada after downloading the us app.

evken

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:46 pm

Leaf link will work as well as the Nissan app.

evken

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:30 am

It seems that the iphone usa app works with the us leafs in canada. But someone with an us leaf and android can not download the leaf app from the us here in canada. This means that they can not use the remote functions. There is no third party app available for android either.

AlanC

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:31 pm

No luck downloading the US iphone app so far. I was logged in, and when I switch countries, it asks me to register again, but I need a US address/credit card.

Going to try calling Nissan today to set it up on their end at least.

Pretty excited; just got delivery of my Leaf this morning!

AlanC

Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:53 am

Yeehaaa! So thanks to EVKen, I've discovered the secret to getting US Leaf CARWINGS to work in Canada is to sign up for a US CARWINGS account. Setting up a Canadian CARWINGS account actually messes things up. To get a US account, I just had to have a US address, so I used a mailbox address I often use for US shipping.

I also found a way to get around needing a US credit card for getting an American iTunes account:
1. Log out of your Canadian account in iTunes
2. Change country to US
3. Find and install a FREE app, like Nissan LEAF.
4. Sign up for a new Apple ID account. The trick here is that you need to have a US address and a new email account. However, if you use Gmail, you can simply add "+<anything>" to your email account name and iTunes thinks it's a new email, but you will still receive emails to your original account. e.g. if your gmail is LeafOwner@gmail.com, use LeafOwner+US@gmail.com. This avoids having to set up an entirely new email account.
5. Choose "None" as the payment. If you don't see this option, you likely didn't try to download a free app yet.

So far, LEAF Link and the US Nissan Leaf app work fine, but I don't receive TEXT message alerts. This is ok since I can still receive email notifications.

Good luck!

Return to “Canada”