KSarge
Delivery Date: 06 Feb 2016
Leaf Number: 300464

Re: Ontario increases EV incentive up to $14K!

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:38 pm

kennethbokor wrote:Also, some dealers are giving you the rebate up front in the form of a discount. Alta Nissan in Woodbridge ON does this, so you don't have to wait for the rebate cheque. They file the paperwork with you.

Yup, that's what our dealer did (Milton Nissan). No need to borrow or finance the money. A nice convenience at the very least. Still waiting for our incremental cheque from the government...

gabo
Delivery Date: 29 Feb 2016

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks guys,

We went for test drive today. This was first time for my wife and she really loved it.

We should get Nissan Leaf SL 2016 - blue, probably on Monday. if everything works out. The dealer will take care of incentives. We had to push to increase the trade-in value, but otherwise there was no big room for negotiation.

Thanks for advice.

Gabo

ElectricEddy
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:07 pm

gabo wrote:Thanks guys,

We went for test drive today. This was first time for my wife and she really loved it.

We should get Nissan Leaf SL 2016 - blue, probably on Monday. if everything works out. The dealer will take care of incentives. We had to push to increase the trade-in value, but otherwise there was no big room for negotiation.

Thanks for advice.

Gabo

Maybe you could wiggle in a basic spare rim and tire c/w jack ( can't hurt to ask)... enjoy your SL.
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

gabo
Delivery Date: 29 Feb 2016

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:29 am

Hi,

I received my 2016 Nissan Leaf SL yesterday. We like it. First reaction of my son (it was surprise for my kids) was really bad. He did not like it visually, preferred the old Mazda 3. We went for a ride, and both my son and daughter enjoyed it a lot. They turned on the heater on the back seat and they enjoyed the noise free ride. They were very surprised how quiet the car is.

To wrap up my Nissan experience so far - car feels like from the future, but shopping experience is like from the past. They should really address the dealership experience - get rid of all BS. If I would buy all the extended warranty, rust proof protection, paint protection, interior protection...I was offered, I would've paid probably another $6,000-$7,000. Do you, Nissan, really feel that your car is so bad, that the customer has to pay $7,000 on top of the MSRP, to protect it?

Also at Nissan Meyers (Ottawa) they add "etching" for $899. I was trying to get rid off it, but I couldn't. Or I would say - I didn't have to pay for it, because they lowered the price by that amount - but really, I spend 2 hours to negotiate the lower price, while at the end I got the MSRP amount and a feature I've never asked for.

So now I will try to forget about the dealership experience - hopefully I will go to service only a year from today :)

Gabo

kaikara
Delivery Date: 24 Oct 2013

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:49 am

Welcome to the world of dealers selling EVs. When I walked in there I knew more about about the car then the sales people did. They all try and pile on those extras because that's where they make your money. And be careful when you take it back for service. My dealer tried to get me to do a brake fluid flush at 1 year as well as a cabin air filter. Wanted to charge over 200 for it. EVs have so little maintenance that they will try try and gouge you where they can. All this means I hope my next car will be a Tesla purchased direct.

KSarge
Delivery Date: 06 Feb 2016
Leaf Number: 300464

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:53 pm

gabo wrote:Hi,

I received my 2016 Nissan Leaf SL yesterday. We like it. First reaction of my son (it was surprise for my kids) was really bad. He did not like it visually, preferred the old Mazda 3. We went for a ride, and both my son and daughter enjoyed it a lot. They turned on the heater on the back seat and they enjoyed the noise free ride. They were very surprised how quiet the car is.

To wrap up my Nissan experience so far - car feels like from the future, but shopping experience is like from the past. They should really address the dealership experience - get rid of all BS. If I would buy all the extended warranty, rust proof protection, paint protection, interior protection...I was offered, I would've paid probably another $6,000-$7,000. Do you, Nissan, really feel that your car is so bad, that the customer has to pay $7,000 on top of the MSRP, to protect it?

Also at Nissan Meyers (Ottawa) they add "etching" for $899. I was trying to get rid off it, but I couldn't. Or I would say - I didn't have to pay for it, because they lowered the price by that amount - but really, I spend 2 hours to negotiate the lower price, while at the end I got the MSRP amount and a feature I've never asked for.

So now I will try to forget about the dealership experience - hopefully I will go to service only a year from today :)

Gabo

Congrats on your purchase! If I recall, you got the blue '16 Leaf SL? If so, our car's identical twin. :)

I agree about the experience. We knew more than the sales guys did - although he was very nice and zero pressure - but the sales manager was a complete asshat.

We had a few hiccups with delivery, like a missing SD card (which took almost a week to get) and problems with the NissanConnect at first (also party due to the security breach, which was timed almost perfectly with taking delivery) but they have since been worked out.

Have fun with your gas-free driving! :D

Return to “Canada”