gboudreau
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:24 am
Delivery Date: 25 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 3697
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact: Website

Re: Canada- Reservations

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:37 am

bradner wrote:But after reading all the threads here the past day, I am a bit confused. My next step at the website is to get a home assessment but I see everyone is getting a waiver. I can't seem to find how/why you guys are doing that -- should I?

I took the EVSE Upgrade road too. Some details here: viewtopic.php?p=136689#p136689
Summary: 432$ US plus some $ to ship my EVSE will get me a 120/240v portable EVSE (incl. no 'downtime'; I'll receive an upgraded EVSE before shipping back mine.)

bradner wrote:My wife is a bit nervous (and myself a bit perturbed because no rebate news from BC) because she doesn't want to buy the car without BC giving a rebate like ONT and QC is and thinks I should cancel and wait for that.
What should be my next steps? Call the 1-800 # to ask for a waiver for the home assessment?

You should go through the steps until you reach the Request a Quote (RAQ) step. At that point, you can wait until BC starts offering a rebate, and then RAQ.
Requesting the waiver will allow you to skip the home assessment step for now; you'll always be able to go back and get one if you'd like.
- Guillaume Boudreau

tesla500
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:57 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact: Website

Re: Canada- Reservations

Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Statik wrote:
ElectricAvenue wrote:I filled it out within an hour. It now says "waiting for price".

Of interest:

I had a conference call today with Nissa's Senior Manager of Corporate Communications, and Senior Manager, Chief Marketing Mgmt.

Lots of good information today. Very forthcoming/helpful (as Nissan usually is), but specifically of interest to this thread is they confirmed they still have some 2011 MY inventory waiting to be merried up to customers.

You should double check with your dealer. HQ specifically said there has been some miscommunication/confusion with dealership managers believing 2011 inventory was tapped out and now talking 2012s in lieu...apparently because of the 'missed opportunity'/special offer deal sent out to those who didn't get to reserve the car...so you may still have a shot fellas.

Random factoid: there was aprox 12,000 people eligible to attempt to reserve a MY 2011 (within 65 miles of a dealership) out of 16,000 hand raisers in Canada...so if you got to RAQ at all, you were very fortunate

If anyone has any specific questions or wants some help/advice with the process on the 2011s, feel free to shoot me a PM or ask here, I might be able to help out.


I'm curious as to why they had to take some of the 2011 stock. Do some other customers have higher priority than the general public? Who did these cars go to?

Also, what is this "'missed opportunity'/special offer deal" about?

Edit: Called the dealer back again, and they said the manager had a conference call with Nissan this morning. The dealer is still insisting:
    -All the 2011s are all allotted
    -A transaction ID under 40/taking your $100 does not guarantee getting one of the 40
    -Some significant number of the 40 are destined for Hydro/other business customers
    -About 100 reservations / reservation fees were collected during the August reservations
    -The next wave for 2012 opens up on October 22

Not sure how accurate any of this info is.

They also mentioned that if you didn't get in on the 40, you'd get an offer (V-something) for deals on other Nissan products, which I haven't gotten.

David

Statik
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Re: Canada- Reservations

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:07 pm

tesla500 wrote:
Statik wrote:
ElectricAvenue wrote:I filled it out within an hour. It now says "waiting for price".

Of interest:

I had a conference call today with Nissa's Senior Manager of Corporate Communications, and Senior Manager, Chief Marketing Mgmt.

Lots of good information today. Very forthcoming/helpful (as Nissan usually is), but specifically of interest to this thread is they confirmed they still have some 2011 MY inventory waiting to be merried up to customers.

You should double check with your dealer. HQ specifically said there has been some miscommunication/confusion with dealership managers believing 2011 inventory was tapped out and now talking 2012s in lieu...apparently because of the 'missed opportunity'/special offer deal sent out to those who didn't get to reserve the car...so you may still have a shot fellas.

Random factoid: there was aprox 12,000 people eligible to attempt to reserve a MY 2011 (within 65 miles of a dealership) out of 16,000 hand raisers in Canada...so if you got to RAQ at all, you were very fortunate

If anyone has any specific questions or wants some help/advice with the process on the 2011s, feel free to shoot me a PM or ask here, I might be able to help out.


I'm curious as to why they had to take some of the 2011 stock. Do some other customers have higher priority than the general public? Who did these cars go to?

Also, what is this "'missed opportunity'/special offer deal" about?

Edit: Called the dealer back again, and they said the manager had a conference call with Nissan this morning. The dealer is still insisting:
    -All the 2011s are all allotted
    -A transaction ID under 40/taking your $100 does not guarantee getting one of the 40
    -Some significant number of the 40 are destined for Hydro/other business customers
    -About 100 reservations / reservation fees were collected during the August reservations
    -The next wave for 2012 opens up on October 22

Not sure how accurate any of this info is.

They also mentioned that if you didn't get in on the 40, you'd get an offer (V-something) for deals on other Nissan products, which I haven't gotten.

David


Hi David,

The 'missed opportunity' is the same as the 'special offer' and apparently set off some mis- communication. Indeed they did have reservations over transaction 40, but it has not been 100% follow through on orders from reservations, according to the senior manager, it has been more like 20-25%.

Random thing/update on deliveries to date: In the month of September Nissan dropped 16 corporate LEAFs and 1 customer car, after delivering 25 in August.

If you are interested in getting a 2011, shoot me a PM and I think I can probably help you out.

muus
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:48 am
Delivery Date: 16 Jun 2014
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada

Re: Canada- Reservations

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:30 am

tesla500 wrote:-The next wave for 2012 opens up on October 22


That's interesting, that's in a little more than two weeks from now. Why has Nissan still not announced the Canadian MSRP???
2014 Leaf SL (Gun Metal Grey)
Upgraded Panasonic EVSE (20A)
JuiceBox bought from Kickstarter
23 months 50,000 KMs
Leaf Spy Pro: 62Ahr (up from a low of 50Ahr)

rlav
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:21 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Sep 2011
Location: Longueuil, QC, Canada

Re: Canada- Reservations

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:12 am

I got an update on the delivery of my LEAF from the dealership this morning.

The car is now on Train. On the "My Account" web site it still says Port of Vancouver.
... Robin Lavoie ...

gboudreau
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:24 am
Delivery Date: 25 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 3697
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact: Website

Re: Canada- Reservations

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 am

rlav wrote:I got an update on the delivery of my LEAF from the dealership this morning.

The car is now on Train. On the "My Account" web site it still says Port of Vancouver.

Weird. Mine is also heading for Montreal, and has been "at rail" in the web portal since last Wednesday I think. Dealer didn't contact me, but Nissan Canada did. Apparently, I might be the first to get a LEAF in Quebec (unsure yet), and they might want to do a small event and maybe a TV interview about this when I get it. We'll see.
- Guillaume Boudreau

Statik
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Re: Canada- Reservations

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:19 pm

rlav wrote:I got an update on the delivery of my LEAF from the dealership this morning.

The car is now on Train. On the "My Account" web site it still says Port of Vancouver.



gboudreau wrote:
rlav wrote:I got an update on the delivery of my LEAF from the dealership this morning.

The car is now on Train. On the "My Account" web site it still says Port of Vancouver.

Weird. Mine is also heading for Montreal, and has been "at rail" in the web portal since last Wednesday I think. Dealer didn't contact me, but Nissan Canada did. Apparently, I might be the first to get a LEAF in Quebec (unsure yet), and they might want to do a small event and maybe a TV interview about this when I get it. We'll see.


As FYI, the Canadian system doesn't have anything between 'at rail' and on the dealer's lot. (at least as far as I can tell)

For example, my dashboard says 'at rail', yet it is also currently sitting at my dealership waiting for me to get off my lazy patoot and pick it up. If you have been waiting awhile, can't hurt to buzz by your dealership and try to eyeball for your car, lol.

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11447
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Canada- Reservations

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Wow - didn't realize people are already getting Leafs in Canada.

Statik, good to see you here. So, you are getting your second Leaf ?!
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

Statik
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Re: Canada- Reservations

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:17 pm

evnow wrote:Wow - didn't realize people are already getting Leafs in Canada.

Statik, good to see you here. So, you are getting your second Leaf ?!


The lure of a 'Canada' thread sucked me back in, heeh.

Not many LEAFs for Canada this year...only 40 for retail (another 60 will be to fleet). Maybe 4 or 5 deliveries to individuals thus far. (Fair disclaimoUr: as of today, I am one. HuZZah for the Cold Weather Package!)

habu
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:44 am
Delivery Date: 08 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 7472

Re: Canada- Reservations

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:46 pm

I got mine in Toronto yesterday. I think there are 4 deliveries so far out of the initial 40 reservations. Mine is Blue and has the high voltage charger port. I heard that if you ordered white you will probably have to pick another colour as the whites are all gone.

Return to “Canada”