jclemens
Delivery Date: 02 Nov 2011
Leaf Number: 003748

Re: Canada- Reservations

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:27 pm

habu wrote:I got mine in Toronto yesterday. I think there are 4 deliveries so far out of the initial 40 reservations. Mine is Blue and has the high voltage charger port. I heard that if you ordered white you will probably have to pick another colour as the whites are all gone.

Really? I was told that white is all they have left, I had to switch from red to white in order to be able to proceed.
Interested in a j1772 dummy inlet to hang your EVSE when not charging?
PM me for details. or see http://erroneus.myevblog.com/buy-plastic-parts-here/

Statik

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:30 pm

jclemens wrote:
habu wrote:I got mine in Toronto yesterday. I think there are 4 deliveries so far out of the initial 40 reservations. Mine is Blue and has the high voltage charger port. I heard that if you ordered white you will probably have to pick another colour as the whites are all gone.

Really? I was told that white is all they have left, I had to switch from red to white in order to be able to proceed.

You got one Joel? Very nice, glad to hear it.

jclemens
Leaf Number: 003748

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Statik wrote:You got one Joel? Very nice, glad to hear it.

no no, i'll email you directly when that happens. i was just called by someone at HQ apologizing for the delay and explaining that the only SL trim cars remaining with chademo are white, and I needed to re-do my quote request to change it to white and then it would work. Although that was on Thursday and still nothing :?
Interested in a j1772 dummy inlet to hang your EVSE when not charging?
PM me for details. or see http://erroneus.myevblog.com/buy-plastic-parts-here/

Bitterest
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 4324

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:51 am

Just came back to this thread, if some of this has been covered apologies in advance - I know of the first LEAF delivered in Ottawa, one in Toronto, and three out here on the West Coast. As far as transaction IDs go, they start at 11 (1 through 10 were Nissan tests). We were 12 - been a great few weeks with the car, everything we'd hoped. :)

Check out the discussions on Canada Nissan Leaf owner's page on Facebook.

Cheers!

muus
Delivery Date: 16 Jun 2014

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:56 am

Canadian Leaf reservations open November 22nd, only 350 available.

http://www.autos.ca/general-news/nissan-leaf-reservations-open-november-22

Important points:
- reservations open at noon (eastern time)
- only 350 available
- next reservations to open spring 2012
- specs and prices same as 2011 (base $38395)
- 600 Leafs total allocated to Canada for 2012
Last edited by muus on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Leaf SL (Gun Metal Grey)
Upgraded Panasonic EVSE (20A)
JuiceBox bought from Kickstarter
23 months 50,000 KMs
Leaf Spy Pro: 62Ahr (up from a low of 50Ahr)

ElectricAvenue
Delivery Date: 29 Oct 2011

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:26 am

Just an update/data point for all of you tracking Canadian deliveries:

Shortly after getting the email allowing me to request a quote, I went into the dealer to have them appraise the 2010 Toyota Prius I'll be trading in. Yes, I'm trading in the Prius because it burns too much fuel. (If they quote me on that, it'll be a great sound bite :) ). The dealer gave me a quote good for 3 months. The amount is less than I would hope for, but then I'm not willing to go through the hassle of trying to sell it myself, and the dealer has a tax advantage here. (The trade-in value decreases the amount on which I will have to pay sales tax... or, at least, that's the way it used to work.)

Ironically, one of the reasons I specifically bought a 2010 Prius was the EV button. I wanted to be able to at least go short distances at low speed on electric power. But the Prius really, really doesn't like the EV button. Going faster than something ridiculously slow like 12 km/h? No EV for you! Actually step on the accelerator? No EV for you! Battery at half charge? No EV for you! Cold out? No EV for you! Well, I want an EV. No Prius for me!

Ok, back to the story...

The dealer had difficulties accessing the web site. Repeatedly. So my quote was kind of on hold, though I knew that they were just going to say "MSRP". Then one day last week I got a message second-hand that if I wanted it sooner I would have to pick a different colour. So I said "rework my quote", then changed red to blue and then managed to get hold of the dealer who said that the issue wasn't colour, it was the quick charge port. In fact, blue isn't available! Eventually I managed to change it back to red, and delete the quick-charge port. I was only interested in getting the quick-charge port as a hedge against the future value of the car; I don't expect to be using it.

So, anyways, I was assured that a car has been reserved for me, and just now I received the "your pre-purchase checklist is now available" email. The delivery status now says "Pending".

ElectricAvenue
Delivery Date: 29 Oct 2011

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:07 am

Ok, now I'm almost a believer: when being asked to sign up for CARWINGS, they show you the VIN!

(And it makes sense, it starts with JN1AZ0CP0BT: J means Japan, N means Nissan, not sure about the next bits, the B means it's a 2011 model, and T means Oppama)

myev
Leaf Number: 3639

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 pm

ElectricAvenue wrote:Ok, now I'm almost a believer: when being asked to sign up for CARWINGS, they show you the VIN!

Saw that too. Did you notice when Carwings got activated? Mine says back in August. Shouldn't this get activated after you get the car, and not 3 months before you even start using it? There's only a subscription for 3 years, right? I don't want to give up 3 months of that time before the car even arrives.
reserved: 27/08/11
ordered: 04/10/11
delivery: 02/11/11
one capacity bar lost: autumn 2014

gboudreau
Delivery Date: 25 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 3697

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:14 am

Statik wrote:As FYI, the Canadian system doesn't have anything between 'at rail' and on the dealer's lot. (at least as far as I can tell)

For example, my dashboard says 'at rail', yet it is also currently sitting at my dealership waiting for me to get off my lazy patoot and pick it up. If you have been waiting awhile, can't hurt to buzz by your dealership and try to eyeball for your car, lol.

My delivery status changed from "at rail" to "unavailable" yesterday, when the car arrived at the dealer.
I'll receive it Tuesday.
- Guillaume Boudreau

gboudreau
Delivery Date: 25 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 3697

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:43 am

myev wrote:Did you notice when Carwings got activated? Mine says back in August. Shouldn't this get activated after you get the car, and not 3 months before you even start using it? There's only a subscription for 3 years, right? I don't want to give up 3 months of that time before the car even arrives.

Where do you see that date?
On the leaf.nissan.ca portal, under "enable CARWINGS", mine say: "account activated: 29-Sep-2011" which is the date I activated it.
- Guillaume Boudreau

Return to “Canada”