Voluntary Service Campaign - Software Update & apron lower..

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gboudreau

Anyone else received a letter from Nissan Canada, about a Voluntary Service Campaign for:

- Service bulletin NTB12-015: TCU & VCM (w battery heater) software update:
Based on the vehicle production date, Nissan would like to offer a complimentary update of the vehicle software and a new vehicle owner’s manual that will reflect the updates. Nissan has added an additional driver convenience alert designed to notify the driver if their door is opened while the vehicle is still in the ”ON” or “READY” mode. In addition, Nissan has improved the accuracy of the distance to empty estimate when using a smartphone or other internet device through Carwings.
Ref: http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/TSB_xml/nmabstract.aspx?id=56872" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Service bulletin NTB12-007: apron lower bracket:
Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Service Campaign on certain Model Year 2011 and 2012 Nissan LEAF vehicles built for distribution in cold weather areas to install an apron lower bracket. This repair will be performed at no charge for parts or labor.

Just received my (2011) LEAF back from my dealer.
Program version in info says version 127.
I saw others in this forum with version 147... Maybe it's a US thing, or a 2012 thing...

This update only takes you to 127. You need the separate TCU TSB update to get to 147 or above...

gboudreau said:
Program version in info says version 127.
I saw others in this forum with version 147... Maybe it's a US thing, or a 2012 thing...

Thanks for the info.

Is that TSB something I should inquire about at my dealer? Do you have the bulletin number, or a link that details what it's about?

Thanks,

Just a warning, the new door chimes are incredibly loud, and really annoying. They seem to chime randomly, not just when the car is on or ready.

I have not experienced this, and unless I happen to leave the car on and then open the door, I've not noticed any difference before and after...

azdre said:
Just a warning, the new door chimes are incredibly loud, and really annoying. They seem to chime randomly, not just when the car is on or ready.

I don't know what carrier they use for Carwings in Canada, so it may not be an issue for you up there. The TSB (NTB-11-041) primarily concerns itself with a loss of Carwings connectivity that usually requires a reboot of the system. A side benefit of it is that it improves Carwing's M/Khw reporting accuracy.

gboudreau said:
Thanks for the info.

Is that TSB something I should inquire about at my dealer? Do you have the bulletin number, or a link that details what it's about?

Thanks,

Back