Quick Charge coming to St. Louis?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ladewig

I went to a concert at The pageant last night, and as usual, I parked at the Moonrise Hotel and took advantage of their free ChargePoint station. After the show, I picked up my keys form the desk and as i walked to my car, the guy parked next to me started asking me about the car and if I'd use a 480v charger if one were available.

I pointed out that I couldn't because I have an SV, but that if I had an SL I might, depending on how much driving I needed to do during a day. He said he owns gas stations and is considering installing one or more.

We'll see.

I hope a few come out. There is one by my work now at Metro Lighting but when I went to use it Saturday it was off. Went inside and asked if someone could turn it on. All I got was a deer-in-the-headlights look back. Grabbed a business card and will call back Monday. It would be nice there for then I can charge there while I go to lunch.

Bommarito in North County now has a charger, as does their Audi dealer on Manchester near Clarkson in West co. Also one at Wet Co Nissan and Lou Fuz at Lindberg and Olive. Using the 4 outlet version at the Mo Bot garden tonight :D

After reading your post over again, I think you're referring to their level 2 charging stations located at every Nissan dealership in the area.

This thread is talking about the left plug, not the right.

2012-Nissan-Leaf-CHAdeMO-and-J1772-Ports-1024x640.jpg

DoctorSaul said:
So, now that is clear that the charging stations present in St Louis area today are L2 stations (240 volt), are there any L3 stations (480 volt) here? Are any planned for the future?

As far as I have been able to determine there is no plan to bring L3 to the heartland. The problem for the midwest is we don't really need L3 in the cities but rather between them. Put one in Effingham, IL and Terre Haute, IN then you can STL to INDY . But they won't put them outside of the cities. There are dcqc in Indy (3), Chicago (10), DFW (15)

Attachments

• dcqc.jpg
    dcqc.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 23
St.Louis is the 10th EV market. So why don't we have more chargers? I know more are coming, but how do we contact the right people and get the ball rolling? Do we have a local EV meeting?
Derek
Frontenac. Black SV

wsbsteven said:
After reading your post over again, I think you're referring to their level 2 charging stations located at every Nissan dealership in the area.

This thread is talking about the left plug, not the right.

2012-Nissan-Leaf-CHAdeMO-and-J1772-Ports-1024x640.jpg

ooops, missed the L3 topic designation. just getting started on all this. have found Plug Share app to be helpful for finding L2. we will have celebrate when L3 finally arrives in St louis ;-)

dietersrover said:
My daughter goes to KU. I would love to drive there in my Leaf. But there is no way I can do that now.

Yeah, you'd have to have an evseupgraded plug and stop at RV parks along the way. There are 2 spots in Columbia and then lots in KC starting on the east side. The electric engineering school at KU is building their own L3 (dcqc) and L2 stations on campus. There is already a big Blink on the west side of campus you can charge at after 5pm and on weekends w/o parking controls.

http://www.studio804.com/projects/Ecohawks%20Research%20Facility/Ecohawks_01.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back