ARSHUS

NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:26 am

SO I have reserved my Nissan Leaf and just waiting for the day to finally place my order. Last email I received from Nissan was on July 27th stating that I will be able to place my order on October 2010.

Very soon I am going to start talking with dealerships trying to get the best price. Of course, right now they are saying they "can't" sell the car for less than the MSRP, but I know they can.

If I find something out, I will let you know. We still have some time here to negotiate, but if anybody has any information, please share that with everybody.

Thanks!

sjfotos
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Re: NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:47 am

ARSHUS wrote:SO I have reserved my Nissan Leaf and just waiting for the day to finally place my order. Last email I received from Nissan was on July 27th stating that I will be able to place my order on October 2010.

Very soon I am going to start talking with dealerships trying to get the best price. Of course, right now they are saying they "can't" sell the car for less than the MSRP, but I know they can.

If I find something out, I will let you know. We still have some time here to negotiate, but if anybody has any information, please share that with everybody.

Thanks!

Welcome! There will be many posts here with information I am sure. Let us know how that TN factory is going!
Forum Supporter

Steve in PA
Reserved 4/20/2010, Forgotten in Pennsylvania

brad

Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:09 pm

My email says i can order in Sept. Have you heard anything about whether you qualify for the free charging equipment. I spoke with Downtown Nissan yesterday but they say they haven't yet decided their pricing strategy. Please keep me updated.

LEAFguy
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:15 pm

brad wrote:My email says i can order in Sept. Have you heard anything about whether you qualify for the free charging equipment. I spoke with Downtown Nissan yesterday but they say they haven't yet decided their pricing strategy. Please keep me updated.

Brad, did you apply directly with the EV Project? That is the only way to apply. I spoke with an ECOtality rep this week and was told that they would install the EVSE when LEAF delivery is about two weeks out. When accepted into the program, you will get an email from Nissan notifying you of that fact.

brad

Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:40 pm

On 7/22/10, I received an email from Nissan saying that Ecotality had some additional questions and that "additional information is still needed to see if you meet the criteria for your home charging unit and installation as part of the U.S. government's EV Project. ECOtality will contact you in the next few weeks to review your survey responses and schedule an in-home assessment, as needed, to complete the review process."

It has been more than 5 weeks and I have heard nothing more.

LEAFfan
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855

Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:49 pm

LEAFguy wrote:
brad wrote:My email says i can order in Sept. Have you heard anything about whether you qualify for the free charging equipment. I spoke with Downtown Nissan yesterday but they say they haven't yet decided their pricing strategy. Please keep me updated.

Brad, did you apply directly with the EV Project? That is the only way to apply. I spoke with an ECOtality rep this week and was told that they would install the EVSE when LEAF delivery is about two weeks out. When accepted into the program, you will get an email from Nissan notifying you of that fact.

I was called by Ecotality this week to tell me I was approved for the free charger, but I never received an email from Nissan or anyone else. Ecotality told me the same thing on the phone, that it would be installed a few weeks before delivery.
2013 LEAF SV Del. 2/28/13
2013 LEAF World Record for Most Miles Driven On One Charge-188 miles/8.8 m/kW h
4.8 kW DC PV ($ .91/W fully installed)/ Dec., 2010

brettkling

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Hey guys, I had to cancel my LEAF reservation because I couldn't afford it don't think it could make the 45 mile trip to my parent's house in the Winter.:cry: I would LOVE to meet up with some fellow Nashville EV people when they get their Leaves (spelling?). I converted my bike to electric and just wanted to make some EV friends. Thanks!

ARSHUS

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:03 pm

SO how do you contact ECOtality? I haven't receive any updates in a while from anybody. I talked (chat) with a guy at nissan asking him about the leaf - he said I was going to receive an email last week in order to start the "ordering" process - and nothing. He also said that after placing and order, it will take 3-4 months to get it. I thought they said that we were going to have those cars by October of this year. Anybody has any (more updated) news about that?

LEAFfan
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:34 pm

ARSHUS wrote:SO how do you contact ECOtality? I haven't receive any updates in a while from anybody. I talked (chat) with a guy at nissan asking him about the leaf - he said I was going to receive an email last week in order to start the "ordering" process - and nothing. He also said that after placing and order, it will take 3-4 months to get it. I thought they said that we were going to have those cars by October of this year. Anybody has any (more updated) news about that?

You can go to ECOtality's website: www.ecotality.com and there are contact numbers and email you can use. I've heard that on your account dashboard it will say, "eTec pending", and that shouldn't keep you from ordering. If you reserved early on Apr. 20th, you could get your car delivered as early as Dec. :) No cars are being delivered in Oct. or Nov. They're supposed to be built sometime starting in Sept.
2013 LEAF SV Del. 2/28/13
2013 LEAF World Record for Most Miles Driven On One Charge-188 miles/8.8 m/kW h
4.8 kW DC PV ($ .91/W fully installed)/ Dec., 2010

nomorevw

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Still waiting for status to change to "order your Nissan LEAF"... I've started to reach out to dealers but I'm being told that they can't work with me till I choose them as a prefered dealer.. Anyone else had any luck?

I've got to say I'm pretty disappointed so far, of a number of local dealers I've tried to contact by email I've had:

invalid email addresses posted on their websites
standard email responses with details of a Nissan Altima
standard email responses asking me to call the dealer to talk to someone
no response at all

Nissan Rivergate are leading the pack so far. They have stated that they would sell at MSRP without any additional dealer charges/fees

Return to “Central USA”