Anyone - TULSA, Oklahoma???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bballblue

I ordered within the first few hours of the start date. I am now waiting for some official word as to when to expect some delivery dates for Tulsa. One of the dealers advised that they were taking an informative Training Class via CD broken down into many chapters with testing on the information presented in the class work. I need to check back and see if they have a time frame.

bballblue said:
I ordered within the first few hours of the start date. I am now waiting for some official word as to when to expect some delivery dates for Tulsa. One of the dealers advised that they were taking an informative Training Class via CD broken down into many chapters with testing on the information presented in the class work. I need to check back and see if they have a time frame.

The Nissan LEAF rollout schedule shows that the "remaining 36 states" will be able to order "starting fall/winter (2011)."

bballblue said:

Actually, you reserved. You will receive an email from Nissan letting you know the month that you can order.

I live in Tulsa. I called a Nissan dealer here and they said they will be selling them in March 2011.

Not much traffic here - wonder why? We are not preferred state so still far from ordering or because not many people ordered. Hopefully we will get organized and share our experiences. Today Texas got first LEAF so maybe time for as to organize. On Jan 16 2011 we test drive silver Leaf during tour in Dallas and now we are in the run to win Nissan Leaf, will be great to have one in OK because looks like we have to wait for right to order little bit longer.
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Winners.aspx
Richard

I am an early adopter of an orphan from Champion Nissan in Katy, Texas. I waited a long time before posting this because of the attitude of some in respect to us orphan buyers. I am from Oklahoma so I had to go get it and bring it home on a trailer. Vin #1736. Paid MSRP. Blue Ocean SL with QC. I have had it almost 3 weeks now and it is more than I expected. I may have the first one in Oklahoma but do not know how to find out unless it is on this forum.

Congratulation to early adopter in OK enjoy it . I strongly believe you are the first in OK (I did not see any LEAF in OKC).

BArrowLeaf said:
I am an early adopter of an orphan
I believe buying orphan show that you really committed to technology and that you very enthusiastic about electric vehicles. Buying orphan show your commitment because you paying more that average buyer and in your case 900 mile RT trip to bring your car home. I only wish more people will be that much enthusiastic about Leaf, considering fact that in OK, state EV tax credit is already history.

Our Leaf will be delivered next week (purchased an orphan from AZ, having it shipped to Broken Arrow). Paid MSRP, SL + QC Port. Silver.

Currently trying to decide on an L2 charging solution. The EVSE upgrade sounds great, but to buy a second adapter and have it upgraded is around $750 or so. The Blink system sounds slick, particularly since you could let others use it (others meaning the one other Leaf owner in BA I suppose - for now anyway) but it's expensive. I believe there is a tax credit to help cover the cost (up to $1000 this year) but I'm worried with the $7500 tax credit that we would be ineligible for the EVSE credit as well.

Being in Oklahoma, I have a dryer AC outlet (240V, not sure which plug) that is unused (natural gas is cheap and plentiful here, so we have a gas clothes dryer) and I would like to re-purpose that breaker pair to run the charger at 240V/16A to get a level 2 charge rate.

Any advice is always welcome!

PhatBoyG said:
...Currently trying to decide on an L2 charging solution. The EVSE upgrade sounds great, but to buy a second adapter and have it upgraded is around $750 or so. The Blink system sounds slick, particularly since you could let others use it (others meaning the one other Leaf owner in BA I suppose - for now anyway) but it's expensive. I believe there is a tax credit to help cover the cost (up to $1000 this year) but I'm worried with the $7500 tax credit that we would be ineligible for the EVSE credit as well.

Being in Oklahoma, I have a dryer AC outlet (240V, not sure which plug) that is unused (natural gas is cheap and plentiful here, so we have a gas clothes dryer) and I would like to re-purpose that breaker pair to run the charger at 240V/16A to get a level 2 charge rate...
It's not going to get any cheaper than an EVSE upgrade. You can get the Schneider for about $100 more than the EVSE upgrade, but you'll have to run a 40a line for it. The AV unit is almost a grand, and if you can even BUY a Blink, it would likely cost more. They both require a 40a circuit as well. The SPX 32A L2 Plug-In, All-Voltage EVSE is about the same price as a second EVSE upgrade, can be run on your 30a dryer circuit, and is a contender, although no one has actually reported actually using one, yet. If my Blink hadn't been free, and I were buying now, I'd get either a second upgrade, or buy the SPX unit if the reports turn out good.

PhatBoyG said:
Our Leaf will be delivered next week (purchased an orphan from AZ, having it shipped to Broken Arrow). Paid MSRP, SL + QC Port. Silver.

Congrat looks like you second in BA and possibly in OK. Wonder what you decided concerning your L2 charging?

EdmondLeaf said:
Congrat looks like you second in BA and possibly in OK. Wonder what you decided concerning your L2 charging?

I think we're going to go with the SPX unit, the price is good and we've already got an electrician lined up to install it for us (we have a 30A circuit already close to the mounting point, just a little rewire and good to go).

The car is going to arrive on Friday, we're very excited!

PhatBoyG said:
Currently trying to decide on an L2 charging solution. The EVSE upgrade sounds great, but to buy a second adapter and have it upgraded is around $750 or so. ..I believe there is a tax credit to help cover the cost (up to $1000 this year) but I'm worried with the $7500 tax credit that we would be ineligible for the EVSE credit as well.
Being in Oklahoma, I have a dryer AC outlet (240V, not sure which plug) that is unused

I believe the tax credit on the EVSE can also be applied to the upgraded Nissan EVSE if you buy a new 2nd one (upgraded) from Ingineer.. I think its a slam dunk since you already have an un-used 240v dryer socket.

Our Leaf is here, happily charging in our 99F garage (thank you Oklahoma summer heat wave). We leaf the garage doors partially open in the summer to vent out the heat, and it helps by 3AM usually.

We're only charging on 110V at the moment, our 240V outlet will be installed on Wednesday and we are looking to get the EVSE upgrade performed as soon as possible (working with another (the other?) Oklahoma leaf owner to share adapters while ours is being upgraded).

That being said, I may just order an upgraded one with 3-day shipping if possible to get it here sooner, it just depends on how we adapt to the current slow charge rate.

Some very intrigued neighbors were coming by tonight when the huge semi car carrier pulled into the cul-de-sac, with a lot of questions. Some were lucky enough to get a ride!

Great that another LEAF is in OK. Looks like interest in EV still very high even OK EV tax credit is long gone. Enjoy your LEAF

Add us to the list of Oklahoma Leaf owners finally! :) Picked up our 2012 SL Cayenne Red Leaf at the dealer yesterday. So excited. Any idea how many of us there are in Oklahoma now? 6 or 7 maybe? :)

I'm over here in the Tulsa area. Well, actually Oologah! I'm new to the leaf scene and sure I will be poked at my my oversized dually driving neighbors. I'm sure I'll have the last laugh driving by QT while they drop a c-note in the tank.

Benjenn said:
Add us to the list of Oklahoma Leaf owners finally! :) Picked up our 2012 SL Cayenne Red Leaf at the dealer yesterday. So excited. Any idea how many of us there are in Oklahoma now? 6 or 7 maybe? :)

Wanted to let all the Oklahoma Leaf owners know that Galen Culver, from KFOR TV, met with us this morning. He does the "Is This A Great State Or What?" segments on Channel 4 news Monday, Wednesday and Friday. He is doing a story on our Leaf! So excited! :)

He said he expects the story to run week after next sometime since he's on vacation next week. We will actually be out of town the week it should run but he told me to check their website at http://www.kfor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and it should be posted.

Told hubby we should be getting a check from Nissan for promoting their product in Oklahoma. :)

Great, let us know when will air. Unfortunately lot of 12 were transferred to CO and elsewhere, however BH now have 4 - 2013.

Back