bballblue

Anyone - TULSA, Oklahoma???

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:42 pm

I ordered within the first few hours of the start date. I am now waiting for some official word as to when to expect some delivery dates for Tulsa. One of the dealers advised that they were taking an informative Training Class via CD broken down into many chapters with testing on the information presented in the class work. I need to check back and see if they have a time frame.

BruinLEAFer
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000630

Re: Anyone - TULSA, Oklahoma???

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:53 pm

bballblue wrote:I ordered within the first few hours of the start date. I am now waiting for some official word as to when to expect some delivery dates for Tulsa. One of the dealers advised that they were taking an informative Training Class via CD broken down into many chapters with testing on the information presented in the class work. I need to check back and see if they have a time frame.

The Nissan LEAF rollout schedule shows that the "remaining 36 states" will be able to order "starting fall/winter (2011)."
Reservation email received at 2:27 PM
Reserved 4/20/2010 about an hour (or less, maybe, I don't exactly remember) after email due to AMEX problem
Sept Order Date
Finally ordered on 9/7/2010
"week of March 25"

LEAFfan
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:37 pm

bballblue wrote:I ordered within the first few hours of the start date. I am now waiting for some official word as to when to expect some delivery dates for Tulsa. One of the dealers advised that they were taking an informative Training Class via CD broken down into many chapters with testing on the information presented in the class work. I need to check back and see if they have a time frame.

Actually, you reserved. You will receive an email from Nissan letting you know the month that you can order.

boomersun

Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:24 pm

I live in Tulsa. I called a Nissan dealer here and they said they will be selling them in March 2011.

EdmondLeaf

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Not much traffic here - wonder why? We are not preferred state so still far from ordering or because not many people ordered. Hopefully we will get organized and share our experiences. Today Texas got first LEAF so maybe time for as to organize. On Jan 16 2011 we test drive silver Leaf during tour in Dallas and now we are in the run to win Nissan Leaf, will be great to have one in OK because looks like we have to wait for right to order little bit longer.
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Winners.aspx
Richard
Last edited by EdmondLeaf on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BArrowLeaf
Delivery Date: 23 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1736

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:22 pm

I am an early adopter of an orphan from Champion Nissan in Katy, Texas. I waited a long time before posting this because of the attitude of some in respect to us orphan buyers. I am from Oklahoma so I had to go get it and bring it home on a trailer. Vin #1736. Paid MSRP. Blue Ocean SL with QC. I have had it almost 3 weeks now and it is more than I expected. I may have the first one in Oklahoma but do not know how to find out unless it is on this forum.

EdmondLeaf

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Congratulation to early adopter in OK enjoy it . I strongly believe you are the first in OK (I did not see any LEAF in OKC).

EdmondLeaf

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:33 am

BArrowLeaf wrote:I am an early adopter of an orphan

I believe buying orphan show that you really committed to technology and that you very enthusiastic about electric vehicles. Buying orphan show your commitment because you paying more that average buyer and in your case 900 mile RT trip to bring your car home. I only wish more people will be that much enthusiastic about Leaf, considering fact that in OK, state EV tax credit is already history.

PhatBoyG
Delivery Date: 09 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 3775

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Our Leaf will be delivered next week (purchased an orphan from AZ, having it shipped to Broken Arrow). Paid MSRP, SL + QC Port. Silver.

Currently trying to decide on an L2 charging solution. The EVSE upgrade sounds great, but to buy a second adapter and have it upgraded is around $750 or so. The Blink system sounds slick, particularly since you could let others use it (others meaning the one other Leaf owner in BA I suppose - for now anyway) but it's expensive. I believe there is a tax credit to help cover the cost (up to $1000 this year) but I'm worried with the $7500 tax credit that we would be ineligible for the EVSE credit as well.

Being in Oklahoma, I have a dryer AC outlet (240V, not sure which plug) that is unused (natural gas is cheap and plentiful here, so we have a gas clothes dryer) and I would like to re-purpose that breaker pair to run the charger at 240V/16A to get a level 2 charge rate.

Any advice is always welcome!

davewill

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:00 pm

PhatBoyG wrote:...Currently trying to decide on an L2 charging solution. The EVSE upgrade sounds great, but to buy a second adapter and have it upgraded is around $750 or so. The Blink system sounds slick, particularly since you could let others use it (others meaning the one other Leaf owner in BA I suppose - for now anyway) but it's expensive. I believe there is a tax credit to help cover the cost (up to $1000 this year) but I'm worried with the $7500 tax credit that we would be ineligible for the EVSE credit as well.

Being in Oklahoma, I have a dryer AC outlet (240V, not sure which plug) that is unused (natural gas is cheap and plentiful here, so we have a gas clothes dryer) and I would like to re-purpose that breaker pair to run the charger at 240V/16A to get a level 2 charge rate...
It's not going to get any cheaper than an EVSE upgrade. You can get the Schneider for about $100 more than the EVSE upgrade, but you'll have to run a 40a line for it. The AV unit is almost a grand, and if you can even BUY a Blink, it would likely cost more. They both require a 40a circuit as well. The SPX 32A L2 Plug-In, All-Voltage EVSE is about the same price as a second EVSE upgrade, can be run on your 30a dryer circuit, and is a contender, although no one has actually reported actually using one, yet. If my Blink hadn't been free, and I were buying now, I'd get either a second upgrade, or buy the SPX unit if the reports turn out good.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

Return to “Central USA”