Stil Waiting for my EL Plates

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengate

Coming up on 2 1/2 months since I bought my new Leaf and still no EL plates or title.

Since the temporary plates expire in a couple of weeks, I am wondering if others have had a similar experience.

Calling the SOS's office, I am told my VIN is not in the system.

The dealer says it takes longer for EL plates.

Did you lease or buy? If you bought did you finance with NMAC?

I'm not in Illinois but I had a similar problem with my leased LEAF. After some calling around and a trip to the Colorado DMV to get a one-month temporary registration extension I learned that NMAC had rejected the lease due to a computational error by the dealer - when that got fixed the dealer made the same error with the state and had to refile with the correct amount of taxes.

It had nothing to do with it being electric and everything to do with dealer error. I'd call the dealer and complain. If they think you'll complain to NissanUSA they'll usually take action.

You'll find lots of discussion on these on the Chicagoland thread ... moderator may even want to merge this thread one over there (mentioned 163 times; use 'search'), the IL SOS did stock pile these but they are indeed not just the regular series so will take longer, there is one person in charge of these; if you're concerned send me a PM for her name and number but these should arrive before your yellow temp tags expire just be patient ...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=357&start=1170

redLEAF said:
You'll find lots of discussion on these on the Chicagoland thread ... moderator may even want to merge this thread one over there (mentioned 163 times; use 'search'), the IL SOS did stock pile these but they are indeed not just the regular series so will take longer, there is one person in charge of these; if you're concerned send me a PM for her name and number but these should arrive before your yellow temp tags expire just be patient ...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=357&start=1170

Thanks. Patience it is. Appreciate your assistance. Sorry for the incorrect posting location. Newbe here!!

Back