Leaf Event in Evanston

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengate

The Autobarn in Evanston hosted an evening social event for current and prospective Leaf owners last evening, 8-27-13. Beautiful Horderves from Whole Foods were provided as well as light refreshments.

Many of the Autobarn's Leaf owners filled the outside display area with their cars, reminding me of the numerous car club events I have attended over the years...VW diesel, Volvo, Morgan, Jaguar and Aston Martin to name a few.

The press was there as were the master technicians and employees ready and willing to answer any questions. Several prospective buyers were given the opportunity to test drive the car. I noticed one complete family, (father, mother and three children,) heading to the parking lot excited for the opportunity to experience the Leaf on the road.

The crowd was quite mixed showing, I think, the broad appeal of the Leaf. The owners, myself included, were most helpful in praising the virtues of of the Leaf...how could it be otherwise!!

As if this weren't enough, Mr. Richard Kirkpatrick, General Manager of the Evanston Autobarn, also provided several valuable door prized as well as hats and sunglasses for those whose names were not drawn from the door prize box! I took a hat and my wife who is a "judge of hats," was as impressed with the hat as I was with the event.

Thank you Mr. Kirkpatric for making this happen.

greengate said:
The Autobarn in Evanston hosted an evening social event for current and prospective Leaf owners last evening, 8-27-13. Beautiful Horderves from Whole Foods were provided as well as light refreshments.

Many of the Autobarn's Leaf owners filled the outside display area with their cars, reminding me of the numerous car club events I have attended over the years...VW diesel, Volvo, Morgan, Jaguar and Aston Martin to name a few.

The press was there as were the master technicians and employees ready and willing to answer any questions. Several prospective buyers were given the opportunity to test drive the car. I noticed one complete family, (father, mother and three children,) heading to the parking lot excited for the opportunity to experience the Leaf on the road.

The crowd was quite mixed showing, I think, the broad appeal of the Leaf. The owners, myself included, were most helpful in praising the virtues of of the Leaf...how could it be otherwise!!

As if this weren't enough, Mr. Richard Kirkpatrick, General Manager of the Evanston Autobarn, also provided several valuable door prized as well as hats and sunglasses for those whose names were not drawn from the door prize box! I took a hat and my wife who is a "judge of hats," was as impressed with the hat as I was with the event.

Thank you Mr. Kirkpatric for making this happen.

I can attest the Evanston dealership is great. Excellent staff and very nice waiting room. Also they said they would be installing a new L3 charger for Leaf buyers.

However, did it ever come up during the event about what is going on with Illinois' L3 charging network? That uses the "CharJit" cards? Because of the lawsuits against 350Green etc., that whole system is now in limbo -- new Leaf owners can't get CharJit cards, and, hence, have no way to use any local L3s, including the L3s on the Illinois Tollway system. Big problem.

No, but if you go to the Chicago area site, you will see the most recent information regarding the Level 3 chargers.

(I ment to post this write up on the Chicago area site, but goofed ending up here!!)

If someone knows how to move it or have it posted in both places..go ahead!!

Back