Just had EVSE installed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorSaul

My 2013 Leaf that I leased just 2 weeks ago is just wonderful and performs as advertised. I live in Chesterfield. The Leaf is seeing about 50 miles of use per day, which convinced me to have a EVSE (erroneously referred to as a "charger" by some) installed in my garage. I ordered the one offered on Amazon (which is the one recommended by Nissan) and it arrived within 3 days. My son wired the 220 line from the breaker box to the garage (he has electrician training). (drop me a message if you are interested in hiring my son to wire up your EVSE... he'll save you a lot of $$)

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

First on getting your LEAF. Second on obviously having done your homework here. Third on saving the money so many waste on installation. Finally on listing your location. I hope we see many more posts from you.

Ray

Congrats on getting your LEAF! I Love mine as well.

Which EVSE did you buy?

I bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-EVB40-PST-Charging-Station-Installation/dp/B00DG1479A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379253233&sr=8-1&keywords=leviton+evse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But it was $1099 shipped when I bought in May

Sal

Lasareath said:

Which EVSE did you buy?

I bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-EVB40-PST-Charging-Station-Installation/dp/B00DG1479A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379253233&sr=8-1&keywords=leviton+evse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sal

I bought the AeroVironment unit that is sold on Amazon, about the same price as the Leviton unit. After considering all the others that are available, the fact that Nissan recommends the AeroVironment unit and that unit is also installed at the dealers in the St. Louis area, were the clinchers to the decision.

The installation was relatively straightforward (or so my son the electrician tells me). If your garage/house are relatively new construction (last20-30 years) your electrical service should be up to handle a 220 volt line (certainly, if you have an electric dryer, your service already handles 220 volt).

Drop me a PM or email if you are interested in my son installing your EVSE. He can probably save you some money.

Thanks but I'm in NJ and I already installed mine months ago.

DoctorSaul said:
Lasareath said:

Which EVSE did you buy?

Sal

I bought the AeroVironment unit that is sold on Amazon, about the same price as the Leviton unit. After considering all the others that are available, the fact that Nissan recommends the AeroVironment unit and that unit is also installed at the dealers in the St. Louis area, were the clinchers to the decision.

The installation was relatively straightforward (or so my son the electrician tells me). If your garage/house are relatively new construction (last20-30 years) your electrical service should be up to handle a 220 volt line (certainly, if you have an electric dryer, your service already handles 220 volt).

Drop me a PM or email if you are interested in my son installing your EVSE. He can probably save you some money.

Just checked again and it's back on sale for $1099!

http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-EVB40-PST-Charging-Station-Installation/dp/B00DG1479A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379253233&sr=8-1&keywords=leviton+evse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back