Leaf Number: 025174

Re: $2,500 rebate for Texas residents?

Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:35 pm

is it for a phev also ? cmax energI?

cbdream99
Delivery Date: 03 Jun 2014

Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:52 pm

I applied for it and got the approval receipt today, actual payment will be within 90 days.. The forms are here:

http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/airquality/ ... tml/#forms

You should print out the form and ask the dealer to sign it using blue ink. All the financial numbers must not be blacked out and make sure you have all the supporting documents submitted. My approval took around 2 weeks.

Hope it helps.

billg
Delivery Date: 05 Aug 2014

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:59 am

cbdream99 wrote:I applied for it and got the approval receipt today, actual payment will be within 90 days.. The forms are here:

You should print out the form and ask the dealer to sign it using blue ink. All the financial numbers must not be blacked out and make sure you have all the supporting documents submitted. My approval took around 2 weeks.

Hope it helps.

You were a big help. Thanks for the "heads up"!

I leased a base 2015 S yesterday: 36 months, 12K miles/yr for $200/month. I put down a total of $1875, which is the rebate I will be receiving from the state of Texas. I printed out the forms and took them with me and educated the dealer about the program.

billg

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:21 am

billg wrote:
cbdream99 wrote:I applied for it and got the approval receipt today, actual payment will be within 90 days.. The forms are here:

Hope it helps.

You were a big help. Thanks for the "heads up"!

I leased a base 2015 S yesterday: 36 months, 12K miles/yr for $200/month. I put down a total of $1875, which is the rebate I will be receiving from the state of Texas. I printed out the forms and took them with me and educated the dealer about the program.

Update: It took six weeks to get the confirmation from the state that I qualified for the rebate. Two weeks later (yesterday) I received the check. So 8 weeks from putting up the $1875 for the lease, I got the money back. :D

misterno
Delivery Date: 04 Nov 2014

Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Dumb question

Is this $2,500 rebate taxable?

Second dumber question

Is this $2,500 rebate seperate than the $7,500 federal rebate?

Super dumb question

Does any of these rebates applicable to used evs?

billg

Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:43 pm

misterno wrote:Dumb question

Second dumber question

Super dumb question

1 - Not so dumb. I'm not planning to recognize my rebate as income, and several FAQs say that rebates in other states aren't taxable. However, if I receive a 1099 from the state of Texas, I guess I'll deal with that then.

2 - State rebate is unrelated to federal tax credit. Remember federal tax credit is only available if you purchase (not lease) and also only if you have federal tax liability of that amount or more. If your tax liability is $5,000 that is the maximum federal tax credit you'll receive.

3 - Both are only available to first purchaser (or lessee for state rebate) of a new vehicle. A demo that has a lot of miles on it, but hasn't been titled previously would qualify.

From the link listed above (written to exclude Teslas from the program):

Only new electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles purchased or leased from a dealer or leasing
company licensed to sell or lease new vehicles in Texas may qualify. Vehicles purchased or
leased directly from the manufacturer or from an out-of-state dealer or leasing company will not
be eligible. The LDPLI program is available statewide.

misterno

Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:51 pm

billg wrote:
misterno wrote:Dumb question

Second dumber question

Super dumb question

1 - Not so dumb. I'm not planning to recognize my rebate as income, and several FAQs say that rebates in other states aren't taxable. However, if I receive a 1099 from the state of Texas, I guess I'll deal with that then.

2 - State rebate is unrelated to federal tax credit. Remember federal tax credit is only available if you purchase (not lease) and also only if you have federal tax liability of that amount or more. If your tax liability is $5,000 that is the maximum federal tax credit you'll receive.

3 - Both are only available to first purchaser (or lessee for state rebate) of a new vehicle. A demo that has a lot of miles on it, but hasn't been titled previously would qualify.

From the link listed above (written to exclude Teslas from the program):

Only new electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles purchased or leased from a dealer or leasing
company licensed to sell or lease new vehicles in Texas may qualify. Vehicles purchased or
leased directly from the manufacturer or from an out-of-state dealer or leasing company will not
be eligible. The LDPLI program is available statewide.

Assuming I am in TX and I have more than $7,500 tax liability then it is like total 10K deduction in price?

woow

Now this is unbelievable

I guess I have to look into buying Leaf more diligently

Thanks

billg

Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:09 pm

misterno wrote:Assuming I am in TX and I have more than $7,500 tax liability then it is like total 10K deduction in price?

That's true if you are buying (not leasing). In addition, you should be able to negotiate about 10% off of MSRP, and Nissan is offering a $3,500 manufacturer's rebate to purchasers. That would make the total reduction from MSRP between $16k and $17k. About half price with all incentives and dealer discounts!

ps - How about including your location in your profile so we don't have to assume?

misterno

Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:35 pm

billg wrote:
misterno wrote:Assuming I am in TX and I have more than $7,500 tax liability then it is like total 10K deduction in price?

That's true if you are buying (not leasing). In addition, you should be able to negotiate about 10% off of MSRP, and Nissan is offering a $3,500 manufacturer's rebate to purchasers. That would make the total reduction from MSRP between $16k and $17k. About half price with all incentives and dealer discounts!

ps - How about including your location in your profile so we don't have to assume?

I am in Houston, TX

I just test drove a LEAF 2 days ago and loved it but the salesman did not mention neither 2,500 TX rebate or $3,500 Nissan rebate

He only knew the $7,500 that is it

so help me here...

billg

Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:47 pm

misterno wrote:I just test drove a LEAF 2 days ago and loved it but the salesman did not mention neither 2,500 TX rebate or $3,500 Nissan rebate

He only knew the $7,500 that is it

so help me here...

Have you looked at the link in the previous posts about the Texas rebate? If not, please do so.

Have you done an internet search for manufacturer's rebate? I just did and found this page:
http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/leaf/2015/car-incentives.html?style=200700591&irr_section=customer_rebates_irr.

Don't expect the Nissan salesman to be your best friend. Help yourself.

Return to “Central USA”