LEAF or Volt charging next to Tesla stations at Cincinnati

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raycreed

Hey guys, I have a question. I drive a Nissan Leaf (of course lol) and I have recently stopped to check out the Tesla EVSE stations (not to mention look at the cars) at Kenwood Towne Center here in Cincinnati, and I noticed that there is actually a 120v nema 15-20 plug facing the non Tesla spots near the Tesla EVSE's. Its actually between the HPWC safety switches at the base of a column. I'm just wandering if it's ok to plug up using the a trickle EVSE to this outlet. I would be parked in a non-Tesla spot and the plug is actually very close to where the front of the car would be. Also, just to think, should I ask Tesla or the Mall if I can plug up here?

Check with the Tesla folks - but our 'local' Tesla showroom (in the Natick Mall) put in some charging stations. Signage is pretty clear "Charging provided by Tesla" "Available for all electric vehicles. They put in several 14-50 plugs as well as the "normal" Tesla cables. I was able to charge there without issue - even got to chat with a Tesla owner who apparently loves showing off her car - didn't get to drive it but did ride around the garage, heh.

Back