Ft. Worth Nissan -- any good or bad on them?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarond12

I am trying to do business on a 2015 LEAF S with these people and they just don't seem interested.

Email 1 (Tue): We received your offer. How did you come up with that number? (I wrote back how I calculated it. It's only 10% less than they're asking.)

Email 2 (Tue): Thanks for getting back to me. I'll pass that offer to our sales manager.

(Wed) I made a phone call after not hearing from them for the rest of Tuesday. The girl I was emailing seemed overwhelmed with work or something, because she didn't have any information I talked with her about. I reiterated my offer to her on the phone.

Email 3 (Wed): Thanks for the call. So, you want to offer MORE than what we're asking for this car? (Is someone not listening? What happened when you presented the offer to the sales manager? Wrote a reply asking that question.)

Well, it's Thursday, and I still haven't heard back from them. I'm in no rush to get the car -- my lease runs out in January -- but this was the car I wanted at the price that I wanted, so I'm very disappointed in them.

Anyone else have similar problems with this dealership?

never dealt with them. Have always dealt with Don Davis Nissan in Arlington and have been very happy with the interactions with them - even on the maintenance side.

Follow up:

Well, it got worse before it got better. I called Friday morning and -- after waiting 7 minutes for someone to answer the phone -- I got the original person I was interacting with on the phone. I said, "Hi this is (my name), we've been talking about the Nissan LEAF and I haven't heard back from you in regards to what the sales manager said." Then she hung up on me.

I was furious. I called the parts department (not sales) and asked to be transferred to a manager. I left a calm, concise voice mail with the manager that apparently their employee really doesn't care to sell any cars.

A few minutes later, I received an email from the same email address I was chatting with. This time, the response was from someone new. They responded, "the sales manager can't accept your offer, but how about this (offer)?" I responded to the email, telling them I would be there later that morning.

If they just did this on Tuesday, I would have gone there on Tuesday and avoided all this!

Anyway, I got there, expressed my disappointment in the email correspondence, and they apologized about it. They blamed it on the Nissan call center (is that really a thing?). Okay, fine. I'll let bygones be bygones for this deal.

About an hour later, I left the dealership in my LEAF! The salesperson was great; the manager was great; the finance person was great (and actually had a sense of humor!). Everything else about my experience there was very good. I will be rating this dealership highly because, once the email debacle was done, they did a great job.

Back