Waco, TX needs a DC charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dageshforte

Waco Nissan (http://www.waconissan.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is a prime charging location along I-35 to allow travel between DFW, Austin, and the Brazos Valley. Please join me in asking Waco Nissan to get a DC quick charger.

Their number is (254) 776-8016. You can also send them a message from their website (http://www.waconissan.com/contact-form.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Thanks y'all.

D

Why don't people request it from evgo (nrg) instead of at the dealer. I think it'd be better if they would set up one outside of the dealer's control.

piouspunk23 said:
Why don't people request it from evgo (nrg) instead of at the dealer. I think it'd be better if they would set up one outside of the dealer's control.
I think you meant "Why don't people request it from evgo (nrg) IN ADDITION TO the dealer" ;) Never hurts to have more. Volume increase -> price decrease -> further volume increase...

piouspunk23 said:
Agreed. Contact eVgo and suggest that they put one in at the Cracker Barrel on I-35. I have used the Level 2 unit at the Waco Nissan dealer, but I had to find the service manager and have him unlock it. A DC charger would probably be the same, and thus wouldn't be available after hours. The eVgo installations at Cracker Barrels are great and always available.

Having a level 3 charger at a Nissan dealership shows locals that their neighborhood Nissan dealer takes the Leaf seriously. They curtly responded to me saying they have no plans to upgrade their charging station. If I lived in Waco, I wouldn't buy a Leaf cause the local dealership obviously isn't really behind it.

I wish getting a new eVgo station was as simple as requesting one from NRG. If you don't own retail property or know someone who does, there's not much luck in simply requesting an eVgo station. I've requested of a few retail stores in the Waco area (like HEB and Walgreens, which have eVgo stations in other locations), but the people there don't know what I'm talking about when I make the request.

Perhaps if Waco Nissan actually supported the Leaf, then things would change sooner in that area.

Just sent emails to EVgo and the Waco dealership. ;)

I could've made it to San Antonio from Dallas if they would've had a fast charger. Don't feel like I can make it between Desoto, TX and Temple, TX. There are several fast chargers between Temple and San Antonio. Oh, and I would've posted the trip on social media!

~Corinne
2016 Nissan Leaf Owner

You may want to try Collin Street Bakery.
They have a SuperCharger and may be open to the idea of other DC fast chargers.

Back