turbo2ltr
Delivery Date: 04 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 185

Re: Dealer On Board

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Hmm on the 11th, I was SIT. I wonder why my ETA is 1/27. Is it really going to take almost 2 months get get to the dealer?
Silver SL-e
Ford F450 Crew Cab Hybrid Conversion

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:20 pm

[quote="jwhitehouse"]SIT -- Sea Intransit

So I guess mine would have changed when the ship from the 20th left Yokohama.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 75,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Bridgestone Ecopia 422+ tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

EVDRIVER

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:23 pm

I could not edit my color back in the first week of Dec but my car will not be available until March making it three months to get built and shipped assuming March 10.
Forum Moderator

GroundLoop

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

The codes are interesting. Will those be visible on the customer dashboard as well?

Is Infiniti the same in this regard? If I custom-order a G37S with specific color and options, and it has to be factory-built, is there any more/less visibility?

BMW (and Mini) really set the bar in this regard. :) Even my order from Lotus had more progress visibility, and that's practically hand made. Domestic cars too -- look at GM's staging for the Volt orders.

I guess I just want Nissan to come out and put some kind of upper-bound on the wait. "Pending" is a lot worse than "June/July 2011". I feel like I have to check on Pending every day, where June/July 2011 would let me know I could check out of the dashboard for a couple months.

AndyH

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:26 pm

AndyH wrote:
jwhitehouse wrote:I'm the Don Davis Nissan EV Sales Leader, located here in Arlington TX. I've seen a couple of comments about dealer attitudes encountered, and I wanted to put my two cents worth in.

Welcome aboard!

How's your discount for early reservation holders? I'm looking for a reason to buy from Texas dealer - care to provide one?

Thanks!

jwhitehouse wrote:I hope we'll see the market for the vehicle expanding, rather than available discounts. The lease program appears the least expensive, least exposed, way to drive one though.

I agree - expanding the EV market is a very, very good thing! That was a very 'politician-like' sidestep of my question, though. ;) I'm guessing that means you'll not be discounting Leafs for the early reservation holders? :lol:

jwhitehouse

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:15 am

GroundLoop wrote:The codes are interesting. Will those be visible on the customer dashboard as well?

Is Infiniti the same in this regard? If I custom-order a G37S with specific color and options, and it has to be factory-built, is there any more/less visibility?

BMW (and Mini) really set the bar in this regard. :) Even my order from Lotus had more progress visibility, and that's practically hand made. Domestic cars too -- look at GM's staging for the Volt orders.

I guess I just want Nissan to come out and put some kind of upper-bound on the wait. "Pending" is a lot worse than "June/July 2011". I feel like I have to check on Pending every day, where June/July 2011 would let me know I could check out of the dashboard for a couple months.

I spent a few years ordering vehicles from different manufacturers (for a rental car company), and Nissan has never had a good line of transmitting production information to an end-user (and that should be the same for Infiniti). That's what I wanted to impart in this forum. The general lack of information is certainly nothing personal, and not specific to the LEAF...it's all part of this larger system that's geared for Nissan internal timelines and accounting. That's the bad news, the good news is that I've had some success getting more detailed information out of the LEAF website chat line, or the LEAF call center (877-664-2738). We'll see how that goes as market activity and deliveries increase. Nissan appears to be changing the dashboards in response to issues that come up, so feedback is important...please make Nissan aware of anything you don't like. They tell me that anytime status changes, an email is generated to the purchaser, and that a production checklist is available on a purchasers dashboard that is not available on the dealer dashboard. So, the "official" word is 4-7 months from actual order to delivery of a LEAF, email notification when order status changes, and confirmed contact when the vehicle is 30-days away from delivery.

jwhitehouse

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:39 am

turbo2ltr wrote:Hmm on the 11th, I was SIT. I wonder why my ETA is 1/27. Is it really going to take almost 2 months get get to the dealer?

Yes, it could take that long. SIT seems to mean the vehicle is built and being transported to the designated dealership. If built in Japan, it will be on a ship, on a train, and finally on a truck...with possible delays all along the way. NNA seems to mean the vehicle is in possesion of Nissan North America (still headed to a designated dealer, but not 'at-sea'). DLR means the vehicle has been invoiced to a dealership. RTL means the vehicle has been retailed. The tricky part is that this status reflects a papertrail, rather than the actual vehicle. For instance, when the vehicle leaves the raillhead on a truck, the status will change from NNA to DLR, but the dealer will still not physically have the vehicle until the transport truck unloads on premises. That can take a couple of weeks in some instances. ETA, however, is when the vehicle should be at the dealer, with the actual vehicle normally, and routinely, arriving within ten days of either side of the ETA. Status is regularly updated weekly, and checking on Tuesday mornings seems to be the most effective and least intrusive way to stay on top of it, in the event the ETA changes.

LEAFer
Delivery Date: 19 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 000215

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:40 am

I haven't seen status-change-emails. And where might one find that magical "production checklist" you speak of ? :roll:
2011 Silver SL+QC [Mfg: 11/2010] 36mo/15k LEASE
06Jun2013 Status [28.5 months][34,173 miles][11 bars]
Lost CapacityBar 6/6/13 @34,173 miles while in LEAF Battery Monitor: 83.41%, 71.4F (avg); cool overnight;

sparky
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 am

jwhitehouse wrote:I spent a few years ordering vehicles from different manufacturers (for a rental car company), and Nissan has never had a good line of transmitting production information to an end-user (and that should be the same for Infiniti). That's what I wanted to impart in this forum. The general lack of information is certainly nothing personal, and not specific to the LEAF...it's all part of this larger system that's geared for Nissan internal timelines and accounting. That's the bad news, the good news is that I've had some success getting more detailed information out of the LEAF website chat line, or the LEAF call center (877-664-2738).
I think your comment about Nissan's poor production information process certainly makes sense and I suspected the communications rabbit hole we're stuck in is not something that hiring a few staffers can fix. I mean, the LEAF dashboard seems geekily autistic. Lot's of shiny but a total abhorrence of real contact to customers. But to recommend the website chat line!!?? That's been a constant source of mis-information and sleight-of-hand jive for months IMO.

LEAFer
Delivery Date: 19 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 000215

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:43 am

sparky wrote:... geekily autistic. ...
Puuhfect ! :lol:
2011 Silver SL+QC [Mfg: 11/2010] 36mo/15k LEASE
06Jun2013 Status [28.5 months][34,173 miles][11 bars]
Lost CapacityBar 6/6/13 @34,173 miles while in LEAF Battery Monitor: 83.41%, 71.4F (avg); cool overnight;

Return to “Central USA”