How has your Leaf ordering process gone here in Texas????

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua

Well I've tried FOUR times to get my "quote request" so I can get my Leaf ordered from my El Paso dealer (just submitted a 5th to the only other dealer in town) and Im wondering if anyone has had the same experience....Im even thinking of going to an out-of-town dealer to get this done. Can anyone recommend a dealer in Texas who is Leaf "savy"? It seems like I'm the only person in town getting one and they have no idea what to do....Thanks!!

You will usually save a LOT of time if you call dealers and arrange your "deal" BEFORE you RAQ.

The "Texas" topic discusses where some folks have found dealers that they could work with, but sometimes not in their home town.

Joshua said:
Well I've tried FOUR times to get my "quote request" so I can get my Leaf ordered from my El Paso dealer (just submitted a 5th to the only other dealer in town) and Im wondering if anyone has had the same experience....Im even thinking of going to an out-of-town dealer to get this done. Can anyone recommend a dealer in Texas who is Leaf "savy"? It seems like I'm the only person in town getting one and they have no idea what to do....Thanks!!
Joshua, I can certainly feel your pain. :)

Unfortunately, our California friends aren't up on dealers here in oil country. ;) I played 'RAQ Roulette' with all the San Antonio area dealers and a couple took multiple phone calls and emails plus multiple RAQs to get them to respond. I didn't get anywhere with prior contact either - one dealer quoted MSRP during the initial talks only to quote an additional $3000 'market adjustment' when I submitted the RAQ.

I ordered thru Texas Nissan in Grapevine for $800 under MSRP and plan to drive the car home to San Antonio. That won't work for you, but it'll be less than $800 to get the car to El Paso so this may still be a 'win' for you.

More info here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=28468#p28468

Let your local dealers know that you know the price of the car and the holdback (see our pricing thread on the forum), and you know that you can order from Washington for $100 under LIST and get a $450 shipping allowance (Rairdon's) but that you'd really like to support a local dealer if they can meet you under MSRP. Maybe they'll match or beat Grapevine's price.

Good Hunting!
Andy

Hey Joshua,

I agree with Andy. I also ordered mine through Texas Nissan in Grapevine, no hassles and got it for less than MSRP. You might even be able to get a trucking company to deliver it to your home from Grapevine. About 8 years ago, I couldn't get a good deal on my Prius, so I ordered it from Colorado and they shipped it to my home for $450 and it still cost me less than any deal I could get around here.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Guys! I just got an email from our other Nissan Dealer and his reply wasn't all that encouraging...He did mention that they will be getting ONE Leaf in May and "will have to have this vehicle in the dealership for 6 months We can't sell it until that time"... :? ..maybe it's time I visit Grapevine TX ;) !!
Cheers,

Josh

Back