Finally - Some Activity in MN

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipemajor

Got an email from Nissan on 2-11 saying they would be sharing my address with our electric utility the first of March.

Ok, not stunning news but at least reassurance we haven't been forgotten. Timing is coincidental since as of yesterday we emerged from our deep freeze with daytime temps above freezing.

Our auto show in Minneapolis is scheduled for mid-March. I'm told there will be a good possibility a LEAF will be on display. Perhaps I'll actually get to touch one...

Confirmed via a call from a local dealer a LEAF will indeed be on display at the Minneapolis Auto Show March 12-20. The display car was trucked in and delivered (on loan) to another area dealer until the show opens.

I was able to see it, touch it, sit in it and turn some switches on/off. Dealer is on strict orders this display car is NOT to be driven. It leaves immediately after the show.

Pipemajor said:
Dealer is on strict orders this display car is NOT to be driven. It leaves immediately after the show.
Wonder why - is it a pre-production model or the older auto show model ? You can tell by the shape of the side mirror.

garygid said:
Some property of the import permit's use limitations, I expect.
Perhaps "professional test drivers only" or some such?

I'm sure it's solely because this LEAF is destined for display at the upcoming auto show. It is the only LEAF available in the 5 state region.

Got some reassuring news from our building manager today. I work in a large federal office building which is undergoing extensive renovations. The building itself is managed by GSA. The manager said they have plans to install 25-30 EV charging stations as part of their upgrades.

Only problem is the charging stations won't be installed until the end of the renovations – or around 2014. Of course, I still may not have my LEAF by then. ;)

Back