annabel398
Delivery Date: 01 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 424858

Re: Leafs Over Texas!

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:58 am

Pipcecil wrote:the best places to look for QC is through eVgo - they own all the current ones in Texas and their map is up-to-date:

https://www.evgonetwork.com/find-a-station/

Both Blink (now owned by car charging) and ChargePoint do install DC chargers, but they have none in Texas (yet).

Resurrecting this thread... The statement above was probably true in 2013 but not now.

• Chargepoint DC station, downtown Austin (2nd Street aka "Electric Drive," just off Lamar Blvd) - free if you are on the Austin Energy Plug-In EVerywhere program, otherwise $2/hr, 1 hour minimum. Best charger in Austin, but very popular with the Teslas. If you ask nicely, they'll usually let a Leaf in for a quick top-up.
  • Greenlots DC station, Round Rock Kia (exit 254 off IH-35) - free (download free app to use)
  • Eaton DC station ALWAYS BROKEN, Town North Nissan, Austin (just off 183 and MoPac). I put this in the list just because I want to call them out. Fix it or replace it, you're an embarrassment!

The EVgo chargers are $10 a pop, which is a little rich for my blood ... at an effective 12¢ or more per mile, I might as well be buying gasoline. The only way I would consider spending that much for a DC charge would be if they had one in Brenham (halfway between Austin and Houston).
Nissan Leaf SV with QC/LED | manufactured December 2013
11 bars, dropped the first at 30.300 miles | located in Austin, TX

Return to “Central USA”