Indiana Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndyLeaf

Hoping to find other Hoosiers planning on driving the Leaf. Here is a place to share info for midwest issues for support, climate, dealers, etc., whatever... I already see that the Nissan dealers that got certified first, were the college town ones...

There are a few of us here.... I have a 2013 SV leaf, co-worker has a 2012,
parking downtown all the time.

I have also seen a bunch of other ones all over..

johny005 said:
There are a few of us here.... I have a 2013 SV leaf, co-worker has a 2012,
parking downtown all the time.

I have also seen a bunch of other ones all over..

Hell we have three down here in the KY exclave, and a couple of Volts too. That's it though. Don't think any of the half dozen people down here who can afford Teslas have them.

Just picked up a red 2013 Leaf S last week. I still haven't seen any other ones in the Avon area, but my wife said she followed one earlier this week on her way to take the kids to school. Just based on fuel costs alone we're saving more than the lease payment by not driving our 13 mpg Jeep Cherokee any more!

I see that the Plainfield WalMart gas station has a Level 3 fast charger so I put in a request to Murphy Oil that they install one at the Avon location too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, although we are getting by just fine with the EVSE that came with the car.

BobLeaf
Avon, IN.

Well I can't stand Tom Wood so I bought mine from Butler in Fishers. The experience was average at best, but they had an awesome price. Free oil changes for life too! :lol:

Edit, I think they are actually in Noblesville.

Ended up buying mine from Tom Wood - generally went pretty well but they (big surprise) were overly pushy for buying what was on the lot. They trailered the color I wanted in from a Michigan dealer. So far I'm loving it.

Haven't seen any LEAF in the wild on the roads here in the IND area! Probably seen 5 - 10 Chevrolet Volt. We now have a Tesla dealer but that's another electric vehicle haven't seen on the roads (yet).

Just test drove one @ Orange County / Anaheim Auto Show and was very impressed and going to check one out a local IND dealer this week.

Anyone within range of Elkhart (with OBD II and Leaf Spy) who'd like to earn $100 by checking on a "for sale" LEAF for me at Gates of Elkhart?

Yes, I realize this is a long-shot, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Sue
Iowa

You may find of interest

EVs in the Hoosier Heartland
May 29, 2019, by Paul Gipe

As a former Hoosier and as an Electric Vehicle advocate I keep an eye on EV development in the state of Indiana. Yes, Indiana is the home of the arch-conservative vice president and former governor...

The article also appeared in the last issue of the Electric Auto Association newsletter.

Paul

For more on the Hoosier EVA see

Hoosier EVA
8118 Lawrence Woods Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46236
Contact
Richard Steiner
contact
317-987-4890
[email protected]

Back