LEAFguy
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Re: Chicagoland area

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:22 pm

bigtlb wrote:At least with Liberty, I have already gone to them for VW service and have come away happy each time. They were professional, courteous, and offered me a complimentary loaner when they wouldn't have the work done the same day.

I think that is your best reference right there! :)

redLEAF
Delivery Date: 23 Dec 2011

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Nothing posted here in awhile as we're in the later waves of availability for the LEAF, although this posting was just a bit overly optimistic on when the Chicago area will actually see the new LEAF ...

" Your Nissan dealers in Chicago expect to have the LEAF available for sale at the end of 2010 " .. of course it didn't mention when to expect delivery so I guess not totally untrue ..

http://libertyvillenissanblog.com/lance-armstrong-vouches-for-nissan-leaf-on-twitter/
2018 smart ED Brabus (leased)
Sapphire Blue Metallic
2017 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD; EAP; 19" sport wheels
Red Multi-coat
2015 VW e-Golf LE (traded-in for Model 3)
2012 Nissan LEAF SL (traded-in at 5 yrs; 46K miles)
EVSE: 10/07/11 Schneider EVlink

Ualdriver

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:46 pm

redLEAF wrote:Nothing posted here in awhile as we're in the later waves of availability for the LEAF, although this posting was just a bit overly optimistic on when the Chicago area will actually see the new LEAF ...

" Your Nissan dealers in Chicago expect to have the LEAF available for sale at the end of 2010 " .. of course it didn't mention when to expect delivery so I guess not totally untrue ..

http://libertyvillenissanblog.com/lance-armstrong-vouches-for-nissan-leaf-on-twitter/

Are buyers in the Chicago area going to be able to place an order before the end of 2010? I just assumed we wouldn't get the Leaf until the end of 2011 and we would get to order a few months before that.

When are the first Leaf buyers in the country supposed to get theirs? I would imagine it's soon, huh?

Pipemajor

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm

I contacted the manager of a local Nissan dealership in the Twin Cities to ask:
  • Will a LEAF be displayed at the March Auto Show in Minneapolis?
  • When do they expect the LEAF to be available in this region?

Got several answers:
  • We hope so
  • December 2011
Planet Blue SL reserved 04/26/2010
RAQ 03/01/2012
Ordered 03/18/2012
Home Assessment 03/23/2012
Delivery - Dashboard showing "Month of June" ** User Canceled on 04/02/2012 **
Now holding out for the 2014 Leaf.

Gonewild
Delivery Date: 18 May 2011
Leaf Number: 229

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Pipemajor wrote:I contacted the manager of a local Nissan dealership in the Twin Cities to ask:
  • Will a LEAF be displayed at the March Auto Show in Minneapolis?
  • When do they expect the LEAF to be available in this region?

Got several answers:
  • We hope so
  • December 2011

Auto show will have a car and not sure on the 2nd question
Over 25,300 miles Plus - Now Sold/ Lease given back to Nissan 8-25-2012
Ordered Glacier Pearl Nissan Leaf SL eTech Edition on 8/31, Delivered March 1, 2011
POWERED By SunPower 5.16kw PV Solar home 3 Solar water panels.
Reserved 4/20

redLEAF

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:27 am

Good news for Chicago area EV enthusiasts --- last year Fisker and the Fiat 500 EV were also on display, hopefully these won't just be 'static' displays having locked cars on pedestals but at least we'll get to see them!

"The major players in all-electric cars, Nissan Leaf and Chevrolet Volt, aren’t yet available nationwide but are making their way into more markets. Both the Leaf and Volt will be on display at the Chicago Auto Show in February along with the Honda Fit EV, and two electric Ford models: the 2012 Focus Electric and the Transit Connect Electric."

Link to complete story below ...

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=177330

And another about charging stations in and around Chicago, can't believe that IL is in the 'top 5' for charging stations in the US !! :

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=177382
Sapphire Blue Metallic
Red Multi-coat

redLEAF

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Attended the Chicago Auto Show yesterday and actually came away a bit disappointed on the LEAF --- static display on one of those plexi-glass knee-high pedestal's At least did see it 'in person' and happened to be there while the spokesmodel was talking (the pedestal was just big enough for the car so she had to stand in front out it!). In person, the car does appear a bit bigger than I thought (bigger than my '06 Mazda3 hatch anyway); the rear isn't very 'graceful' (quite a bustle for lack of a better word) and the headlights are quite a statement -- the car shown was the typical shade of blue however Nissan had a new red Juke nearby under the same lights so I could easily imagine it in my preferred color. Nissan was rather low key at this show; at least much lower than other mfg's ---

Chevy went full-tilt with a ride along of a number of Volt's on an indoor 'park like' test track -- they also had several cars in different colors that were unlocked and available to check out inside and out, along with of course several other 'new' Chevy's (Camaro convertible among others). After sitting both front and back I was impressed, the materials could be a bit higher grade but it was a pretty good, not $41K good but good! I happen to also like the Caddy CTS Sport Wagon which was of course has a much higher grade of both utility and materials -- much different mission but after all these are all 'vehicles' and it's amazing the choices that we all have to pick from, GM is really trying hard this year and we should give them some credit (at least this attempt in the midwest).

Ford showed the 2012 Focus, but they pulled the EV version after 'first night' (a premier black-tie event for charity - $250/person); the ICE Focus was actually a nice looking car, inside and out, decent room and very modern (especially the hatch which they say will be the only version for the EV). The Ford Marketing folks say they do want to 'beat' the LEAF to the Chicago market this fall so we'll see, also, the target is close to $30K (not $40K) --- other EV's from last year were no shows (Tesla, Fisker) but all the hybrids new and old were in full force.

The smart ED (someone in marketing perhaps did this on purpose?) was actually a great idea for smart as most compaints center around the transmission shifts so electric drive single speed works great; just a bit too expensive (we own an '08) although an awful shade of green -- not a real great show for EV's but this being Chicago we have a way to go ...
Sapphire Blue Metallic
Red Multi-coat

stanley

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi redLeaf, I`m from Oak Brook now living in San Diego. Not surpising that Nissan took a low key approach. They had the same display as you described at the most recent L A auto show. They will ultimately schedule a drive event in your area and that is worthwhile. I believe that the Leaf, with a winter package, will do fine in Chicago if you have an attached garage and do not leave it outside overnight during the winter. NOTHING should be left outside during the winter in Chicago! I have a leaf on order and believe that Nissan has put, by far, the most thought( compared to other car companies) into the production of an EV.

LEAFguy

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm not sure what the rollout timing is (still not a lot of cars available), but Hertz will be renting LEAFs in New York, Washington, DC and San Francisco initially, with plans to introduce the LEAF in more markets throughout 2011. I would imagine later 2011, rather than earlier based on production but Chicago could certainly be in their second wave. This could actually give you an opportunity to rent the car before you place an order (or even get to reserve, if you haven't already) to make sure it will work for you.

Hertz has a one page EV rental site up. You will need to register for info it looks like.

redLEAF

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks for the link LEAFguy; I plan on doing a bit of travel this coming year so if Hertz happens to offer these when the time comes I'll be sure to rent one. On a similar note, the Ford Rep did reiterate that they will partner with Best Buy on the charging stations for the home as well as Chicago will be gearing up for many more charge stations in and around the city so perhaps we're just a bit behind ... we could also have an added incentive tax break (stands at $4K now, but its not specific to an EV purchased from a mfg, more like for a converted EV, go figure!) when all the production EV's finally do arrive out this way ... we'll all be watching closely as well as checking this forum
Sapphire Blue Metallic
Red Multi-coat

Return to “Central USA”