West Texas Leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kwirky

How many of us are there?

I know there is one other 2011 Glacier Pearl Leaf in my town (besides mine)- I've seen it twice, most recently at the movie theater parking lot on Friday night.

I think there are only 2 Leafs in my town...according to the Nissan place here.

Any other Leafers in West Texas?

We have unique issues out here compared to Leafers in big cities. We have no QCs, only 1 Level 2 charge station in town (at THE Nissan place- yes, there is only one), and our Walgreens, HEBs, and Starbucks do not have even Level 2 charging available.

I actually live in a rural area and commute into town 13 miles one way. I cannot make it to the nearest similarly-sized city (as mine) with another Level 2 charging station available, so my Leaf is stranded here; I must use my back-up ICE to make it to the next city.

We have no subsidized EVSE programs here; I'm currently charging at Level 1 with plans to run a 240V outlet to the garage and convert to the modified Level 2 EVSE from Ingineer.

My employer has no intention of adding charge capability, even though they are a healthcare business and their clients could benefit from having access to charging at some point in the future. (Imagine having to stay in the hospital for days without being able to plug your car in...)

We are in an area with strong oil and gas roots- economy-wise and culture-wise, though we are developing wind farms all over the place. The whole idea of 100% electric cars is alien out here. I'm the wacky "green treehugger" at my place of employment. But someone has to start this transition!

At any rate, I thought it would be nice to connect with like-minded souls out here in West TX, especially since we may never pass one another on the road as we are currently limited in our range. :)

Kwirky said:
The whole idea of 100% electric cars is alien out here. I'm the wacky "green treehugger" at my place of employment. But someone has to start this transition!
They shouldn't worry; there are still plenty of things to use petroleum for, even if we do stop wasting it by burning it in cars.

Your probably the only one in that area. There are a handfull of us here in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. I was in Houston last weekend and saw quite a few Leafs there (as compared to our area) so... it may be a while before you have Leaf buddies in your area.

I bought mine as an orphan from west texas (Lubbock), does that count for me to be in this forum? :D

Unfortunately, I live in the dallas area, so I have seen a few around (although there is only a few of us!). Sorry your so lonely out there in west texas. The dealerships in various west texas towns are moving some stock (from when I got my lubbock leaf), but its not near the capacity as other dealerships, but the lubbock one had plans to move about 10+ for the year, maybe 20ish so there could be other west texas towns with a few around.

Traded in my Leaf baby yesterday on a 2013 Ford C-Max Energi. My range had dropped significantly over the last 3 months and with winter coming on I would not be able to use the car much. I live in a rural area and commute 46 miles roundtrip for work. :cry:

I am afraid if i trade my car in I would still owe on it (bleh). My range drop has been attrocious. 2 years and 4 months and down 3 bars of capacity. Max range is 55 miles (worse case so far). My roundrip commute is 54. yea..... This is conisdering my original range was ~85 miles. I have since lost about 35% of my actual range.

Did you have your leaf on lease or purchase? How much did they value your leaf trade-in? Was it enough to not be upside down on your loan?

Back