Nashville Earth Day Festival 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNleaf

Nashville Earth Day Festival takes place April 21, 2012 from 11am-7pm at Centennial Park

The Nashville community will celebrate the 11th annual Nashville Earth Day Festival on Saturday, April 21, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Centennial Park. This year’s festival will help the community take another step toward Mayor Karl Dean’s goal of making Nashville the greenest city in the Southeast.

The event will feature many exhibits and activities aimed at educating Middle Tennesseans about protecting our environment. With nearly a hundred family-friendly booths, hosted by community groups, environmental organizations and government agencies, will offer fun and exciting hands-on activities for all ages.

The event is free and open to all ages. It is a rain or shine event. Complimentary bike parking is available.
For additional information not listed here, please visit their website:
http://www.nashvilleearthday.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UPDATE- Map of the vendors
http://www.nashvilleearthday.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/NEDF2012_MAP.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Middle TN LEAF (and EV) owners, if you are interested in attending this event and being available to answer questions about the LEAF and your experiences driving an EV, please let us know here.

kelseypost (from Newton Nissan) and myself have been in contact with one of the organizers of the event and we (LEAF owners) have been given 2 booth spaces next to Newton Nissan. More information about activities and such to follow.

TNleaf said:
Nashville Earth Day Festival takes place April 21, 2012 from 11am-7pm at Centennial Park

The Nashville community will celebrate the 11th annual Nashville Earth Day Festival on Saturday, April 21, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Centennial Park. This year’s festival will help the community take another step toward Mayor Karl Dean’s goal of making Nashville the greenest city in the Southeast.

The event will feature many exhibits and activities aimed at educating Middle Tennesseans about protecting our environment. With nearly a hundred family-friendly booths, hosted by community groups, environmental organizations and government agencies, will offer fun and exciting hands-on activities for all ages.

The event is free and open to all ages. It is a rain or shine event. Complimentary bike parking is available.
For additional information not listed here, please visit their website:
http://www.nashvilleearthday.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Middle TN LEAF (and EV) owners, if you are interested in attending this event and being available to answer questions about the LEAF and your experiences driving an EV, please let us know here.

kelseypost (from Newton Nissan) and myself have been in contact with one of the organizers of the event and we (LEAF owners) have been given 2 booth spaces next to Newton Nissan. More information about activities and such to follow.

Count me in.

Dear LEAFers that want to come to the Earth Day Festival, but are concerned about needing to top off while at the festivity, we have a great "green" light from the Management of the Holiday Inn across the street from the Centennial Park for that day to park 5 Leafs in the spots where the BLINK chargers are and they are available at no charge to charge up, any hungry LEAF.

So please don't hesitate, and come on down and meet us at the Earth Day festival, and plug your LEAF in (BLINK Card required) at the Holiday Inn
2613 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203.

The staff is super nice and very exited to see us "finally" show up... :)

PM me if you have any questions.

Ralph

ralphmc said:
The staff is super nice and very exited to see us "finally" show up... :)

Ralph

The staff are very friendly. I spent 10-15 minutes talking to two of their staff last night and let them check out the vehicle. When they heard it would cost about $2 for their daily commute versus the $20 a day they are currently spending on gas plus the purchase incentives for and EV, they both wanted to buy one :) I was surprised to hear them say "wow, how come they are so cheap"?

Hey Kelsey, if two staff at the Holiday Inn buy a LEAF from you guys I'll be looking for commission :)

A Volt was parked next to my LEAF when I left last night. First time I've seen another EV at the Holiday Inn.

I updated the original post to show the newly posted map.

http://www.nashvilleearthday.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/NEDF2012_MAP.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It shows where all of the booths/vendors are located. The LEAF owners will be in booths 3 and 4, right next to Newton Nissan at booth 2.

bryan38401 said:
hey tnleaf any word on the blinks working?? rain looks like its moving out I still plan on coming but wife ( you know how water melts them)!!!!!

http://www.blinknetwork.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; shows both chargers available and online at Vandy Holiday Inn as of a few minutes ago. Worst case scenario you can fast charge at Stewarts Ferry Pike or at Murfreesboro cracker barrels. Vanderbilt Univ has chargers available as well.

News Channel 5 Kelly Cox says the rain will be out of here come Midday. All the heavy rain is gone, it'll be showers this am.

To tenleaf and JPWhite,
I enjoyed our Q&A today with you and the participants. Expecially our questions with Schnider Electric on their level 3 DC quick chargers. I hope to see these installed as soon as UL listing is obtained and hope you will come to use them aftet they are installed. Great turn out of Leafs on a cold, windy day. A great many thanks to Holiday Inn for the use of the EV chargers.

bryan38401 said:
To tenleaf and JPWhite,
I enjoyed our Q&A today with you and the participants. Expecially our questions with Schnider Electric on their level 3 DC quick chargers. I hope to see these installed as soon as UL listing is obtained and hope you will come to use them aftet they are installed. Great turn out of Leafs on a cold, windy day. A great many thanks to Holiday Inn for the use of the EV chargers.

Hey, what time were you there? I was over at the Schneider booth too but I didn't hear anything about L3. Who did you speak to?

TNleaf said:
bryan38401 said:
To tenleaf and JPWhite,

Hey, what time were you there? I was over at the Schneider booth too but I didn't hear anything about L3. Who did you speak to?

I heard plenty about Square D L3 chargers, not Schneider. That was the LEAF driver and his wife from Columbia.

JPWhite said:
TNleaf said:
bryan38401 said:
To tenleaf and JPWhite,

I heard plenty about Square D L3 chargers, not Schneider. That was the LEAF driver and his wife from Columbia.

SquareD = Schneider Electric

Square D is a brand of SE. I must have left before that conversation, either that or I'm spaced out right now.

Back