Emissions testing?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad

It is almost time to renew my license plate. In Davidson County TN an emissions test is required prior to renewal. Has any one renewed their tags yet? Did you have to go through emissions testing?

Brad

I'm so glad Michigan got rid of emissions tests.

There should be an exemption for EVs if you check into it. If there's not, then lol @ government.

Oh, I'd take it in just for the lulz. :lol:

Maybe you should tape a tomato-juice can under the bumper so they have a place for the sniffer probe.

brad said:
It is almost time to renew my license plate. In Davidson County TN an emissions test is required prior to renewal. Has any one renewed their tags yet? Did you have to go through emissions testing?

Brad

Brad, I answered your q in nashville thread,

Ralphmc

If applicable, vehicle must have passed the annual emissions test within the past 90 days.
ref 1

Following is a list of vehicles that are exempt from the annual emissions inspection.
  • Electric powered light-duty motor vehicles (excluding all hybrid vehicles)
ref 2

garsh said:
If applicable, vehicle must have passed the annual emissions test within the past 90 days.
ref 1

Following is a list of vehicles that are exempt from the annual emissions inspection.
ref 2

I guess when I saw light-duty I in this post I automatically thought of NEV's (Neighborhood Electric Vehicles) but that probably is to differentiate it from 'heavy-duty' (i.e., trucks) so would assume a LEAF would be exempt ... here in IL even w/o a 'EL' (electric vehicle) plate we do not need an emissions inspection but then again passenger car diesels are exempt as well.

Wait, so heavy duty vehicles, like electric trucks and buses still should go through emission testing??

garsh said:
ref 1

ref 2

UkrainianKozak said:
Wait, so heavy duty vehicles, like electric trucks and buses still should go through emission testing??
No, I left out all the other exemptions. Heavy duty vehicles are all exempt:
  • Heavy duty motor vehicles (more than 10,500 lbs. GVWR).

You can see the whole list by clicking on the "ref 2" link in my post above. :)

Back