LEAFs in St. Louis, Missouri?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in St. Louis and will be picking up my SV tomorrow.

I saw a Glacier Pearl in Clayton a couple weeks back, and my wife says she sees one in the Edward Jones North Campus parking lot.

Congrats on getting your LEAF soon! :) You will LOVE driving past gas stations and then completely forgetting to look at gas prices. :D Let us know if you get a personalized license plate. Mine is G'BYGAS.

Here, it feels like I'm the only LEAF driver around; we KC area owners are few and far between. I'm one of the 3 Kansas City area LEAF owners (KC MO), mentioned in this thread previously by ksnogas2112 (from KS) along with ericvoll (Gladstone in KC, MO). I never see anyone driving a LEAF around my immediate area...(have only seen ericvoll's black LEAF 3 times times since my June delivery; met ksnogas2112 once). I sincerely hope that changes, now that Nissan is actually advertising LEAFs here...I do feel kinda special in my LEAF amongst the ICE cars, though! ;)

I'd have loved to attend the St. Louis National Plug-In Day event, but alas, too far and no QC infrastructure. :cry: I hope you had a chance to go.

Have a great time when you get your LEAF ! :D

-Kathy

I'm the leaf at Edward Jones - building 100, small world.
I've already put in questions about chargers here. Somewhat related.. 110v outlets are in the garages, the few times I wanted to top off nobody seemed to mind.

Wagahai said:
I'm the leaf at Edward Jones - building 100, small world.
I've already put in questions about chargers here. Somewhat related.. 110v outlets are in the garages, the few times I wanted to top off nobody seemed to mind.

What color is yours? I work at WashU and they're planning to put some chargers in by end of year by one bldg, and then some more in a garage as part of our new building project in my school. Found some 110 outlets in the underground garage so. CN use those in a pinch if I need in meantime.

eclecticflower said:
I'd have loved to attend the St. Louis National Plug-In Day event, but alas, too far and no QC infrastructure. :cry: I hope you had a chance to go.
-Kathy

I was out of town. The lack of QC in our area is why I went with SV on the 2 year lease. Odds of getting any by then is fairly low I suspect.

I've got a black 2012. I'm really enjoying it. I live out in O'Fallon MO so I drive about 45 miles round trip each day. The suspension leaves a bit to be desired along with the remote carwings stuff, but everything else is as advertised.

I was out of town. The lack of QC in our area is why I went with SV on the 2 year lease. Odds of getting any by then is fairly low I suspect.
Understandable, I feel your QC pain (but I have hope :lol: ). I went with the SL for the cold weather package (and yeah, the gimmicky solar panel :roll: ). This winter, I plan to preheat the cabin while plugged in and then switch on the heated steering wheel and seats when ready to leave. It should provide enough comfort for my 8 mile commute (I'll mainly use defrost) and at the same time, will help avoid reducing range. Having a 3/4 length down coat helps, too. ;)

-Kathy

Since they made cold weather std on the 2012s, I didn't see much on the SL to make me go for it.

eclecticflower said:
Understandable, I feel your QC pain (but I have hope :lol: ). I went with the SL for the cold weather package (and yeah, the gimmicky solar panel :roll: ). This winter, I plan to preheat the cabin while plugged in and then switch on the heated steering wheel and seats when ready to leave. It should provide enough comfort for my 8 mile commute (I'll mainly use defrost) and at the same time, will help avoid reducing range. Having a 3/4 length down coat helps, too. ;)

-Kathy

Nope, got mine through Andy Pomeroy at St Charles Nissan.
Let the rest of us know if ya need a hand or have any questions - the dealers (in my experience) are still learning the cars.

Thank you.

Today I saw an ad for Bommarito Nissan that said they have a lease deal for a 2012 SV LEAF for $2700 down $88 a month. The small print reads 24 months/12k miles a year/ $2700 cap reduction. Only your state tax and license addtional. Total cost of lease $4,812 with approved credit.

They were getting ready to close up for the day and we didn't get to go into much detail. I'll be speaking to them on Monday. I'm wondering if there will be addtional fees on top of the $2700 down?

mhigley said:
Does anyone here have experience with Bommarito Nissan? I am going to speak to them about a lease on an SV on Monday.

I leased a Cayenne Red SV from them on 10/2. You can see the specifics of my lease here:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1067&p=233093#p233093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had a great experience with my salesman Dustin and would recommend.

Last week I stopped by Sugarfire Smokehouse in Olivette (great barbecue by the way), and as I was pulling out of my parking space, I realized directly across the aisle from me was another Cayenne Red Leaf. Only the third Leaf I've seen in the wild in STL (including my own). Curious who the owner might be.

Ladewig said:
mhigley said:
Does anyone here have experience with Bommarito Nissan? I am going to speak to them about a lease on an SV on Monday.

I leased a Cayenne Red SV from them on 10/2. You can see the specifics of my lease here:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1067&p=233093#p233093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had a great experience with my salesman Dustin and would recommend.

Thank you for your reply Scott. I looked at your deal. I am having trouble understanding the lease process.

The ad from Bommarito reads "2012 SV LEAF for $2700 down $88 a month. The small print reads 24 months/12k miles a year/ $2700 cap reduction. Only your state tax and license addtional. Total cost of lease $4,812 with approved credit."

I spoke to Paul Pittman at Bommarito and he said my taxes added to my lease payment will be around $50 so my lease payment will be around $138. So is it that simple? I give Brommarito $2700 and I pay $138 a month for two years?

Paul said they can ship the car to me for $300.

I have wanted an electric car since I was a kid. I bought a ZAP truck that I drove until last year. I am an EV guy and I will love this car if I can get it.

Get the battery information. How long was it on the lot? Did it do time in AZ? Although with a lease it really makes it Nissan's problem not yours.

Really happy (hopeful) with Stoaty's battery degradation chart since my loan is over in 6 years and estimated 70% degradation is at 10 years.

mhigley said:
I have wanted an electric car since I was a kid. I bought a ZAP truck that I drove until last year. I am an EV guy and I will love this car if I can get it.

Yes, it is that simple. My total amount was slightly higher than advertised because I elected to not put anything down.

Ladewig said:
mhigley said:

Yes, it is that simple. My total amount was slightly higher than advertised because I elected to not put anything down.

Bommarito called this morning and said with taxes and fees I would be at close to $8000 total for the 24 year lease. They said it was because of the taxes in Kansas. They also said Nissan doesn't give as good of a rebate in Kansas. They were super nice and they spent way more time on the phone with me than they had to.

I then called McCarthy Nissan in Blue Springs Mo. and I told them about the $88 lease deal in St. Louis. The salesman called me back and said they could do $2700 down and $125 a month on an SL. I called them back and asked if that was with everything included. The salesman said it was with everything included with no additional fees! I told them to charge it up because I was coming down to get it. I knew the deal was too good to be true and that it would change a bit when I got there but it ended up changing too much. Every time the salesman left the desk the price got higher until after 2 1/2 hours of paperwork and talking, the salesman disappeared and the finance guy comes over with a $2700 down deal with a $206 payment. My total would have been $7644. The finance guy said the additional $502 in property taxes was what raised my payment to $206. I can only guess that they were adding in both years of property taxes into the payment.

I waited all my life to drive electric. I am an EVangelist. To be that close to having my dream car and have it fall through is pretty heart breaking.

I’m very disappointed that I didn’t get the car but I did get to go for another test drive. I love the car so much that it was worth the drive, the gas money and the wasted afternoon talking to sales people just to get another few minutes behind the wheel.

I will get my Leaf someday. Today just wasn’t my day.

Back