DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dallasmay

I saw the Texas thread, but since Texas is as big as most countries, I thought we could be a bit more specific with our Geography.

How many of you Metroplex people have actually put down the $99 pre-order for a Leaf?

Count me as one. (Though sadly I'm probably not actually #1.)

dallasmay said:
I saw the Texas thread, but since Texas is as big as most countries, I thought we could be a bit more specific with our Geography.

How many of you Metroplex people have actually put down the $99 pre-order for a Leaf?

Count me as one. (Though sadly I'm probably not actually #1.)

Mine is reserved. I think the forum has 6 or so users in DFW.

Have you picked a dealer yet?

There is another in Dallas. I made the reservation last week. I have no idea if I should select a dealer or not right now.

I reserved ours back in April, too. Haven't picked a dealer yet. Trying to research the various charging infrastructure available to us, since we live downtown in an apartment building (without a private garage).

Half Price Books installs N. Texas' first electric car charging station
4:53 PM Mon, Sep 20, 2010
Elizabeth Souder/Reporter
http://energyandenvironmentblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/half-price-books-installs-n-te.html

As the cars roll in to Texas later this year, drivers will be able to juice up their electric vehicles at the bookstore's flagship location on Northwest Highway for free.

The charger is relatively slow, and some cars will take hours to get a full charge. So the idea is to change consumer thinking about refueling, from waiting next to the vehicle to just leaving the car plugged in while shopping.

"We're thinking, lunch hour, when they come and shop anyway," said Becky Gomez, promotions manager for Half Price Books. "We'll give them a basket, too."

The charging station can send text messages to drivers about the charging status.
Half Price will let customers use the stations for free until next September, when executives will decide whether to charge. Half Price buys renewable electricity from Green Mountain Energy.

Gomez said the store location, at 5803 E. Northwest Highway, draws customers who drive alternative-fuel vehicles, and she expects the chargers to get some use once the plug-in cars hit Texas.

"I know these people in Lake Highlands, Highland Park, University Park will be the people buying these vehicles," she said.

She added that Half Price Books executives wanted to have the first charging station in North Texas to compliment the company's earthy image.

The station isn't a promotion by electric vehicle companies. Gomez found charging manufacturer Coulomb Technologies Inc. online, and Half Price Books paid for the station and installation itself.

The station, with charging spots for two vehicles, costs about $10,000, including installation.

Guy Mannino, president of charging station distributor Verdek LLC, said the station at Half Price is designed for customers to "top off the battery."

Public charging stations require a change in customer mindset, since refueling can take a lot longer than gasing up.

"Park the car and go do something else," Mannino said. Something else, like shopping, watching a movie or eating at a restaurant.

Several companies are making electric vehicle announcements this month, as car manufacturers plan electric vehicle displays at the State Fair of Texas.

dfwcre8tive said:
Half Price Books installs N. Texas' first electric car charging station
4:53 PM Mon, Sep 20, 2010
Elizabeth Souder/Reporter

Several companies are making electric vehicle announcements this month, as car manufacturers plan electric vehicle displays at the State Fair of Texas.

Anyone know if the LEAF will be making an appearance at the State Fair of Texas?

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=mqgjbvcab&v=001sR9KXnYiTHhsVZYLCBiGiki8Lx0LHpyG7xq9EjYYrg6lXxd6Q_AT_4xQw3XU8P-iVUcM94zND4WLFEZp1GQmnf4f8nNXksBWdHO-uBb5KI9maetPImYZ4Q%3D%3D

Electric Vehicle Showcase

VIP Reception
http://electricvehicleshowcase.intuitwebsites.com/VIP-Reception.html

Thursday, Sept. 23, 2010
5 p.m.
Centennial Building, Fair Park

Access to this evening reception will provide you the opportunity to meet key players of the electricfication transformation, as well as regional political and business leaders. Information displays will help people connect the dots: electric cars, smart buildings, the grid and renewable energy working together to be greater than the sum of parts.

Panel Luncheon
http://electricvehicleshowcase.intuitwebsites.com/Panel-Lunch.html

Friday, Sept. 24, 2010
11:30 a.m.
Music Hall, Fair Park

A two-hour lunch panel session featuring leading auto manufacturing and utility executives, electric vehicle experts and urban planners will explore what it will take to prepare the region for electric vehicles and the benefits and challenges of doing so.

Hi Everyone - I just ordered mine yesterday!

That's weird. I tried to order mine a few weeks ago (I live in Arlington and have a reservation) and was told ordering wouldn't open up for DF/W for another few months.

Ordered ours last week. Has anyone received a delivery date yet?

Super Black SL
Options: quick charge port; eco-design package
Reserved: 04/20/2010
Ordered: 10/15/2010

KarlonB said:
I got an email today saying my leaf would be ready in April.

However, I have not heard anything from the dealer (Bankston).

The "Dealer Dashboards" updated on 1/11/2011 with April ETA's. The reservation holders I see with production now scheduled were all from 4/20/2010. The LEAF tour will be in Irving this weekend, and the final scheduled dealer training will be next week. All LEAF certified dealers should have public charging stations available by the time the vehicles start rolling in.

We still have a bit of a wait, but I'm glad to see some movement. :)

KarlonB said:
I got an email today saying my leaf would be ready in April.

Wow, April with a Sept. order date? That's the whole 7 months! Did your dashboard say "pending" up until this time? This is really a surprise to me because I have been hoping for (and telling friends/family that I would have) a March delivery, but I didn't order until late November - so March would make the 4 months. Of course my dashboard says "pending" 4-7 months. This means I may be looking at a June delivery!

Anyone else out there with delivery up-dates, please let us know so we can better estimate and plan.

But then again, maybe Nissan is giving "area" significant weight, not going just on order date.

Heading out to the Dallas drive event. This is me, if you see me say Howdy...

5540_1185426390775_1081715643_30583651_2320064_n.jpg

Back