adric22
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 000768

Re: DFW Metroplex

Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:45 am

Has anyone seen a charging station at Grapevine Mills Mall? According to a guy at EVGo that I was talking to, they have one there now. I looked on EVGo's website and did not see it on their map. I also don't see it on plugshare or Pipecil's custom map either. I do not know even what kind of station it is, QC or level-2. I'm thinking about taking a drive up there this weekend to see if I can find it and put it on the plugshare, at least.
2013 Blue Nissan Leaf SV
2012 Summit White Chevy Volt

adric22

Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:46 am

Well, since nobody knew the answer I decided to go have a look myself yesterday evening. I drove to Grapevine Mills and drove around for nearly 20 minutes before I found the chargers. They are between H&M and Neiman Marcus. And Wow! They have 5 stations and one of them is a Chademo station. This may very well be the largest installation of charging stations I've seen anywhere in DF/W. It looks like something I see in photos from California. I'm impressed! Oh, and I added them to plugshare with some photos.
Last edited by adric22 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Blue Nissan Leaf SV

aarond12
Delivery Date: 17 Oct 2015
Leaf Number: 311353

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:44 am

Great news, and thanks for the scouting report. While Grapevine Mills is within single-charge range of my house, I may still use the stations there in the winter.
2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV ES (lease ended) • 2015 Nissan LEAF S • Tesla Model 3 reserved
Mods: Matte black Juke wheels, LED headlights and accessory lights, horn, CarPlay receiver

EVthinker
Delivery Date: 01 Dec 2013
Leaf Number: 419698

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:26 pm

adric22 wrote:Well, since nobody knew the answer I decided to go have a look myself yesterday evening. I drove to Grapevine Mills and drove around for nearly 20 minutes before I found the chargers. They are between H&M and Neiman Marcus. And Wow! They have 5 stations and one of them is a Chademo station. This may very well be the largest installation of charging stations I've seen anywhere in DF/W. It looks like something I see in photos from California. I'm impressed! Oh, and I added them to plugshare with some photos.

We visited there today, and it is WONDERFUL! There is one high speed charger and several (2 or 3) slow speed (Level 2) chargers.
Your directions are exact. We are not familiar with this mall, so for others like us.....Grapevine Mills Pkwy. crosses over Hwy. 121 just north of the North exit of DFW Airport. Exit onto Grapevine Mills Pkwy. For those coming west on LBJ (I-635), bear right at the intersection of 121 and 635, you will curve right, look at the overhead signs for Grapevine Mills Pkwy., and you will cross over 121. Either way, at the first traffic light turn left to make a U-turn, and then take the first right into the mall. Look for Golden Corral on your left, and Neimans is to your right. The station is in the parking lot up close to H&M. There are no big signs, but you should be able to see the chargers (they are about 4 feet high, and NOT the giant EVgo Freedom station size).
They were turned on last weekend!
This location is ideal for high speed charge for those using DFW, going shopping, or grabbing a bite.
EVThinker
Color: Glacier White, 2013 Model S
Leaf del. : Jan 11, 2013

mayo
Delivery Date: 12 Dec 2014
Leaf Number: 8715

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:43 am

I'm in southern Oklahoma and would love to get to DFW every once and awhile. My only hope is the Whitesboro Chevy Dealer. Does anyone know how friendly they are to leafs?
Pearl White 2015 SL Premium (own)

spriteking2012

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:30 am

mayo wrote:I'm in southern Oklahoma and would love to get to DFW every once and awhile. My only hope is the Whitesboro Chevy Dealer. Does anyone know how friendly they are to leafs?

I am in the OKC metro and am planning on buying a Leaf this year. Partner has family in southern Oklahoma. What's the charging situation like? Is there anywhere we could top off? The drive is 100 miles and while we can charge at the house upon arrival, that's pushing the limits of the car. I'd like to know if we can stop at a level 2 charger anywhere along the way.

adric22

Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:12 am

spriteking2012 wrote:I am in the OKC metro and am planning on buying a Leaf this year. Partner has family in southern Oklahoma. What's the charging situation like? Is there anywhere we could top off? The drive is 100 miles and while we can charge at the house upon arrival, that's pushing the limits of the car. I'd like to know if we can stop at a level 2 charger anywhere along the way.

Try plugshare.com, it is a very robust map of charging points.
2013 Blue Nissan Leaf SV

EVthinker

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:03 am

We received an email from Nissan saying that over 30,000 Leaf's have been sold in the U.S., and "have you seen more Leafs on the road?". YES!! On Saturday morning, I saw a charcoal Leaf driving north on Preston near St. Mark's school. Yesterday, we stopped at the Walgreen's at Montfort and Belt Line for our Freedom Station quick charge, only to find a Leaf there. (fortunate he drove off before things got ugly. THEN at the Tom Thumb grocery in Preston Forest yesterday, there was a Glacier White Leaf parked directly in front of me. (I gave the driver a thumbs up, and complimented him on having GREAT taste in cars).

There are a lot more Leafs in DFW.
EVThinker

EVthinker

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Last week I visited North Central Ford, immediately South of Campbell on the south side (west side)
Of Central Expressway in Richardson. There are TWO Level two chargers on the building marked North Central Ford Service. There is a third Level two charger inside of the Service Bay.

Enjoy Life.
EVThinker

Vaggeto

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:30 am

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 2015 Leaf in Colorado and within a month of owning it I've moved to the DFW area.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on electricians in the Grand Prairie area for installing the needed power in my garage for a L2 charger? I already received the free L2 charger.

My primary breaker box which is already in the garage is full, but I have a 2nd breaker box right below the main due to having a SolarCity solar panel installation. Does anyone know if it's likely that that breaker box could be used for the needed 240v 40amp circuit?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows the estimated costs to have this done and if there are any installation cost rebate program out there? I found one which reimburses 50% of the cost in Austin, but I'm not finding anything in the DFW area.

Thanks,
John

Return to “Central USA”