KillaWhat
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2012

Re: Philadelphia and Southeastern PA

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:48 pm

gatedad11 wrote:Killa:
Do you mean I-95 and the Turnpike or I-95 and 476(Blue Route)?

Lou

Hi Lou;

I-95 and 476 (Blue Route)
East End, Delaware County.

Also have a plug for the EVSE Upgrade that will go the full 16amps.
Black SL Delivered 3/14/2012
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
JUKE 17" Wheel Upgrade w/225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires
Horn Upgrade
Infinity 63.9i Speaker Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override

gatedad11
Delivery Date: 11 Sep 2012

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:49 am

Thanks Killa. Actually, I am going to be in your neck of the woods early tomorrow morning, as I am flying out with the family to the West Coast to visit our grad school son in San Diego. Will be parking at an off site lot not far from you. However, taking the ICE van, not the EV. My wife was too afraid of "...What if we don't have enough electricity to get back to Bucks County?...". Maybe I'll take you up on the offer some time.

Lou

Metalman
Delivery Date: 15 Feb 2012

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:55 pm

You guys have it made in your corner of the state. I was in Erdenheim yesterday. We stopped at Montgomeryville Nissan to check on the their chargers. They were both on and available to use. Talked to Darryl there for a bit and the way he talked they are totally on board with the EV thing.
Drove through the lot at Fred Beans in Doylestown and they also had two chargers that were on and available to use.
None of this is news to you who live in this area but if you read my post here
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11499&start=20
you'll understand why it was nice to see.
Passed a red Leaf around Erdenheim I believe.

gatedad11

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Metalman:

I have yet to try to charge at Montgomeryville or Fred Beans. In fact, I leased my Mitsubishi I from Fred Beans Mitsubishi. They did say that FB Nissan would certainly allow me to charge, they would probably just want to know before you plug in. I can confirm that Conicelli Nissan in Conshohocken will allow you to charge. A few weeks ago they happily allowed me to plug in the I for an hour or so. And O'Neil Nissan in Warminster told me the same thing. I actually drove over there on a Sunday and the charger was available and working. I plugged in just for fun(I live 1 mile away from them). Too bad about the short mindedness of your Nissan dealer, that's just plain stupid.

Lou

centralpaleaf
Delivery Date: 03 Dec 2012

Central PA Dealer That is Nice and Able To Do Inspections Ne

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:24 am

<I posted this on the other PA Leaf board to see if they also had any other suggestions:>
Hi All, :evil:

Just wanted to mention my absolute distaste for the Alexander Dealership off of I-180 in the Muncy/Lycoming Mall area. The first time I had an appointment at the 6-month mark they didn't charge my car, I had to call them to turn on the electric outside - which then cost me many hours of life because I didn't have enough range to get home. Today, I arrived at the dealership and specifically told both the technician and the service person that it absolutely needs to be plugged in before the inspection and put back on right after because I need almost a full charge to get back home, and if they forget like last time I would be there from 9am to 7pm for a simple yearly maintenance check. After about 3 hours of waiting in the mall I decided to call them because no one was calling to tell me anything. I was then ambushed by the service lady yelling at me and telling me that "we shouldn't be doing what you told us to do - you can't unplug the car and then 10 minutes later plug it back in - it will destroy the battery and it will void your warranty if there are too many knocks against your efficiency score." I was like,....ummm......WHAT??!?!? I immediately marched back up to the dealership and spoke with both of these people again and told them that there is no way for me to get home at a normal hour if they do not charge it, I have no idea why I am being yelled at from your people by just telling you how to do your job (because it was obvious you couldn't do your job the previous time). So after this discussion I have sworn off this dealership where I bought my Leaf from last year.

I still love the car, works exactly as I expected it to and love everything about it, but this dealer honestly doesn't know the first thing about this vehicle and makes no attempt to get the correct information and be even slightly nice to their customers. I won't even go into their inability to just generally schedule customers......I guess I just cannot get over the fact that a business can sell you something that you expect long-term support for and a year later they look at you like 'what do you want me to do with this thing?!?!.' Any other people have positive experiences in the central Pennsylvania market? I will literally have this car towed to a better dealership for the inspection and future issues,...................let me know when you have a chance.

tps
Delivery Date: 07 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 18044

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:48 pm

gatedad11 wrote:Wonder if the black Leaf is TPS'? If you see a white and blue MiEV with the electric car graphics on it in the Warminster area, it's me. Honk and I'll wave!!!

There's another black LEAF in the Warminster area, so it may not have been me... I saw the other black LEAF on Bristol Road near Jacksonville Rd. heading northwest (I was going southeast). I also saw a white LEAF a week ago on Jacksonville Rd just as I was turning into Ivyland. We should meet up sometime. I'd like to see the MiEV...

Ewarren423
Delivery Date: 12 Apr 2013

Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:19 pm

Any charging stations at airport parking lots?
Also any in 30th st station?
Thx

gatedad11

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:23 am

TPS:

Just saw your black Leaf yesterday parked outside in Ivyland. I was driving from Bensalem to the Warminster Post Office and said to my wife "...Let's see if I can find that black Leaf in Ivyland..." Well, there she was, sitting all pretty. My wife really liked the color. Don't worry, not being a stalker, just that you had mendtioned you were only a block from the fire house so I passed by. if you had been outside I'd have stopped. FWIW, I had stopped in yesterday morning to O'Neill Nissan as they have 5 LEAF's on the lot. 3 used and 2 2013's. As much as I really enjoy the I-MiEV, the LEAF seems to be a better buy...bigger, better equipped, better range. The prices are definitley not bad, either. I think I saw a 2012 with under 2,000 miles for about $22,000. I leased my I and after 2 years the residual is around $24,000. Believe me, in 2 years I'll be looking to lease or possibly purchase a LEAF. And by then there will probably be some lightly used 2013's with the 6.6 on board charger and QC, for much less than the residual of the I-MiEV. Getting up to 80 miles on my I-MiEV, in the warmer weather we had and also that my drive to IKEA in Conshohocken is all back roads. I'd bet that the LEAF would get 90+ miles under the same conditions. I admit, I was jealous yesterday...but I still love my I.

Lou
Lou

durgil
Delivery Date: 07 Jul 2012

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:40 am

We'll be moving ourselves and our LEAF into South Philly in the near future and was thinking about joining up with Plugshare. We've just been using trickle charge for now, but we're getting a level 2 EVSE for the longer commute. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences on how Plugshare has been working in Philadelphia?

KillaWhat
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2012

Fri May 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Did everybody catch this showing up on plugshare and the Blink map?

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=12660

DCQC's by the Delaware Memorial bridge.
I'm going to drive down and check the out tomorrow.

Edit:
Well, technically it's tomorrow.
I drove down.
It's the flying J truck stop, exit 2C off 295.
The chargers are on the extreme East side, past the gas pumps, past the Denny's, over where the RV's park.
Was Very cool.
I have no idea what it cost me, but I arrived with 37% pack charge, plugged in, went to the rest room, bought a soda, went out to see how it was coming, and it was done.

QC will only take you to 80% MAX, and my meter showed 78% just that fast.
It was 45F, so the battery temp didn't even go up that much.

EDIT (Again)- I got emailed a bill from BlinK.
Charge session lasted 622 Seconds (10.4 Minutes)
Total Charges... $0.00
Free for now apparently!

Black SL Delivered 3/14/2012
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
JUKE 17" Wheel Upgrade w/225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires
Horn Upgrade
Infinity 63.9i Speaker Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override