tps
Delivery Date: 07 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 18044

Re: Philadelphia and Southeastern PA

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:42 am

KillaWhat wrote:The one "up near Trenton" is in a Wyndham, is FREE for now, and requires a greenlots RFID tag.
I just ordered one..

The one at the Wyndham is in Mt Laurel NJ, indeed it is GreenLots; the one "up near Trenton" is on N River Rd at NJCAR, according to the map it's not too far south of the Scudder Falls Bridge. Maybe I need to make a trip an scout out these locations. I also ordered a GreenLots card a couple weeks ago; hasn't arrived yet.

OakLeaf
Delivery Date: 21 Nov 2012

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:54 pm

O'Neil Nissan now has a DC Fast Charger up and running - used it tonight and was impressed by how quickly it works. Went from LBW to 50% in 20 minutes.

It's on the right side of the building, by the main service entrance.

KillaWhat
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2012

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:18 pm

Thanks for checking it out.
Is it accessible 24/7, or hours of operation sort of deal?
Any card or anything needed to make it bring forth the electrons?
Thanks
Black SL Delivered 3/14/2012
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
JUKE 17" Wheel Upgrade w/225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires
Horn Upgrade
Infinity 63.9i Speaker Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override

OakLeaf
Delivery Date: 21 Nov 2012

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:49 am

The space was parked in by an ICE, so I had some help from the Service Manager getting it cleared. During business hours, I would expect this to be likely to happen as it's a busy lot and it is a convenient open space.

However, the staff at O'Neil are very friendly, nice people and I've always found them to be happy to assist.

The lot isn't gated, and from what I heard, it should be available 24/7 without needing a card or fob. The installation was only finished about a week ago.

I was probably one of the first to use this charger, and interestingly, I didn't see it available on Plugshare when I got there, but an hour or two later, it was. Probably just a coincidence though.

It was a real joy to see yesterday as I was low on charge, the cold was brutal and a snowstorm was closing in. L3 charging will be a real game changer if widely available.

Thanks O'Neil !!

tps

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Oh wow! I will have to check O'Neil out! They are 1 mile from my house. Might come in handy if I occasionally need to pump in charge faster than the 3.3 kW on-board charger...

KillaWhat

Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Concordville Nissan has one now also.
Very close to COSTCO on route 1

My Plugshare map is getting a little color on it.

I went to the one at Concordville today, it was not parked in (either space) just pulled up, plugged in, charged, went to the bathroom, disconnected and went on my way.

Wow.
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
Horn Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override

gatedad11
Delivery Date: 11 Sep 2012

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:19 am

TPS:

I also live about 1 mile from O'Neill, right behind the bowling alley. Do you drive the black Leaf that has been seen at the Wegmans from time to time? A month or two ago, a black LEAF parked next to my little Mitsubishi I-MiEV. An older couple saw me walking to my car and commented on it and asked if it was a hybrid or EV. I explained that not only was mine a full EV but so was the LEAF parked next to me! They were intrigued by both of the cars, I pointed out the extremely low cost of charging the car, the fun of driving electric etc.

Unfortunately, I don't have QC option. When I took out the lease, there were no QC stations available in this area, so it was no big deal. However, this changes everything!!!! Boy how I wish that I had the QC option...Makes me want to turn in the I-MIEV and get a LEAF. But, can't afford the penalties or I'd do it in a heartbeat... The new 2014 I's come with QC standard, but alas, it will be a long year for me... Further, my employer planned to install several Level II stations here, but the Ecotality bankruptcy put the kabash on that for now(although it looks like they have started to install them at some of our other locations in the last few months, so maybe not too long from now I'll have that option).
Lou

tps

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi, I have a Black LEAF, but have not shopped at Wegman's. I think there's another black LEAF around here. I saw it once on Bristol Rd.

gatedad11
Delivery Date: 11 Sep 2012

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks TPS. I regularly see a Black LEAF on my way to Conshohocken every day almost. The driver drives to LA Fitness, maybe _she_ was the one because she comes from Horsham side...

On another note, Car Charging Group announced that they have an agreement in place to install chargers on the Turnpike, the closest one being at Valley Forge rest stop. I assume that means both E/B and W/B will get them. Although it would be nice to have Level II's, if they don't at least install Level III QC's, then it really won't be that big of a deal after all. I don't even have the QC option, but I can see that having the ability to pull in and get 80% full in 20 minutes is great. Stop in at the rest stop, plug in, use the rest rooms, get a soda and snack and before you know it you are good to go. Oh well, next year when the lease is up, it's QC for sure.

Lou

KillaWhat

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:40 pm

gatedad11 wrote:Thanks TPS. I regularly see a Black LEAF on my way to Conshohocken every day almost. The driver drives to LA Fitness, maybe _she_ was the one because she comes from Horsham side...

On another note, Car Charging Group announced that they have an agreement in place to install chargers on the Turnpike, the closest one being at Valley Forge rest stop. I assume that means both E/B and W/B will get them. Although it would be nice to have Level II's, if they don't at least install Level III QC's, then it really won't be that big of a deal after all. I don't even have the QC option, but I can see that having the ability to pull in and get 80% full in 20 minutes is great. Stop in at the rest stop, plug in, use the rest rooms, get a soda and snack and before you know it you are good to go. Oh well, next year when the lease is up, it's QC for sure.

Lou

I read the original proposal / bid a couple years ago.
It was for 2 DCQC's and "several" J1772 L2's at EVERY PA turnpike rest area, both East/ West, and the Northeast Extension.
Was to have been well under way by now.
I guess Blink must have won the bid, and then fell apart.

Looking forward to the DCQC's.
Have to say I'm impressed with how quickly Nissan is getting these Dealer DCQC's up and running after the decided to do it.

I'll be hitting that Concordville unit tomorrow.
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
Horn Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override

Return to “Eastern USA”