Rebate/Incentive For The State Of Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bytemeister

I have a deposit down for a Nissan Leaf. I notice that California is giving a $5,000 and Colorado is actually giving $6,000 back in addition to the Federal Tax incentive of $7,500. Will the State of Florida be offering such an additional rebate or tax incentive? I would I go about finding out about this? Also, How do we apply for the rebate for the home charging unit?

Thank you in advance

Bytemeister said:
I have a deposit down for a Nissan Leaf. I notice that California is giving a $5,000 and Colorado is actually giving $6,000 back in addition to the Federal Tax incentive of $7,500. Will the State of Florida be offering such an additional rebate or tax incentive? I would I go about finding out about this? Also, How do we apply for the rebate for the home charging unit?

Thank you in advance

The home charging dock money is a federal tax credit, not a rebate. Here is the link http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8911.pdf We have a thread in this forum just on the federal tax credit.
You would need to get to 2010 version of the form if you file on this for this year. I would suggest you look around on line on the Florida state government website, maybe under air quality to see if there is any state rebate. Or if there is an EV club or association in Florida, they may know. Or your local utility may know. Or a local Nissan dealer may know.

Nothing but the Federal 7.5K and the 50% EVSE... fed
again. Since we pay no State income tax then it would
be difficult to get a tax credit.....

also this....

Electric Vehicle (EV) Insurance Regulation

Insurance companies may not impose surcharges on EVs based on factors such as new technology, passenger payload, weight-to-horsepower ratio, and the types of material used to manufacture the vehicle, unless the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation receives actuarial data that determines the surcharges are justified. (Reference Florida Statutes 627.06535)

5094988232_10147b3d04_z.jpg

HAHAHA, EV incentives in the state of Florida. Best joke I've heard in a while. Your forgetting that the lovely state of FL is a complete joke when it comes to environmental issues of any kind. There was actually Florida HB 879 last year that proposed dropping state sales tax and registration fees for EV and proposed incentives to build 100 charging station. Sponsored unbelievably by a republican no less (House Majority Leader Adam Hasner), and supported my the electrical utilities company (of course) died in committee.

Unless there is an immediate threat to either tourism (did you see us squeal over the Shell Disaster?) or retirees our state of Florida is only going to get worse on the environment as more republicans take hold. The only thing that will help is when the state is under water like it is financially now anyway.

And I'd like to point out that House Majority Leader Adam Hasner actually made a lots of good points and argue the case for EV about as well as anyone can here. Thanks for trying! Would have made driving my leaf out of the state a little easier. :)

Florida requires a balanced budget. That means that if the state of FL is going to give you $5000 to help you buy a Leaf, they have to take $5000 from somebody else, not just borrow it and hope it falls from the sky some time in the future before they default, like they're doing in CA.

If you want to buy a new car find some way to pay for it youself, not by electing people who will steal it from others for you.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Florida requires a balanced budget.

Doesn't mean much. All states have unfunded future liabilities (pensions and such). Once the growth stops and the economy stagnates because of peak oil (has it already stopped ?) - all governments will have to renege on their promises.

Back